Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Wipe Your Face!

Good-natured teasing amongst friends is always fun.
Sometimes I get teased for being a germaphobe and being a bit afraid of messes.

I will let my son play in the mud and get messy in other areas but sometimes I just don't like messy food situations.

Thankfully for me, God knew this and gave me my son! :)
Brad doesn't like messy food either. If something is on his face he will say "napkin! napkin!"
That is, if he doesn't forget to not use his sleeve.

Lately though, he has been allowing more and more food camp out on his face while he is chowing down.

Exhibit A:
Spaghetti face:


Now I know what most of you are thinking "you call that a spaghetti face?!"
For Brad, that's a surprise though, he wasn't upset or crying for a napkin, he was just letting the sauce sit there.

Exhibit B:

Sticky syrup fingers while eating waffles.



He gave up on the fork and just started shoving it in his mouth. At first, he would say "ewww" about his hands but I said "just finish eating and we'll wash them later!"
Then he was fine. :)

Exhibit C:
Peanut butter and jelly face.
He loves to open the sandwich and dive right in.
This is common for peanut butter and jelly as he does not mind this on his face, either.


He takes after his momma (and probably daddy, too), I never liked being sticky or messy when I was younger either.
He's my little boy and I love him and I would still love him even if he LOVED messes!


And here's a random picture to show how he likes to play dress up in mine and David's shoes, coats, gloves, hats or clothes. :)
Before he had my flats on he was actually walking around in high heels!

6 comments:

  1. My son is the same way...I have to wipe his hands several times though each meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love his faces! so cute :) my girls don't have a problem being messy but Annalise is the QUEEN of messy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these. So sweet and messy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Yes, I agree, God has a sense of humor, for sure. My DH is the clean freak, and my boys seem to sense that because they will make a total mess when he's in charge.

    Way cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we get the kids we can handle, I think. My hubby is a neat freak...me, not so much. My son can't stand anything on his face...he still can't handle getting his hands or face messy. My daughter??? Well...she's another story. One time she finger-painted HERSELF (at age two or so) when I left the room...just stripped off her shirt and painted her top half up to her forehead. :)

    I love that picture of the jelly face especially! And the dress up picture cracked me up! What a character he is! I can tell you enjoy him to the fullest - I love that about you! I can tell you're a great mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails