While walking in a mall this past week, Brad and I saw an Easter display. There were bunnies and flowers and eggs. There was also a chair waiting for the Easter bunny (he wasn't there when we were) where little children would get their picture taken with him.
Bradley was very interested in the display, as you can see.
Bradley was very interested in the display, as you can see.
It probably had something to do with the bunnies that were moving. He was saying hi to them and told them "bye"when we left. :)
I definitely want to teach Brad that Easter is so much more than bunnies, eggs and candy. I have nothing against these things, not even a picture taken with the Easter Bunny.But we need to remember that it has a much bigger meaning than that.
Jesus died on the cross for our sins so that we could have eternal life in Heaven with Him.
And yes, bunnies are cute and so are painted eggs. But it's good to remember that they are a part of this "holiday" to represent the new life the comes through Jesus Christ.
What are your family traditions or what do you teach your children to keep Jesus at the center this time of year?










what a great post! and so important to keep Jesus at the center of our kids minds during this holiday! we treat it like Christmas and Santa... the Easter bunny and candy and eggs are just for fun but Jesus is the reason for this special day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and adorable. I am sure he loved the display just like Nathan did. And I completely agree with you. I have nothing againts eggs, candy, and bunnies but Easter is SO much more!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about a balance between Jesus and Easter Bunny. Luckily my kids are all at our local Catholic school so they get to learn and celebrate all the religious stories leading up to the resurrection. Their school holds a big Easter Mass and invites the parents along and then we have the normal church services over Easter Weekend. By the time they wake to Easter bunny I feel they deserve a little treat and they have had a good balance. It looks like your little boy enjoyed his time watching the bunny display. He is a little cutie!
ReplyDelete