It was time.
Time to get rid of the mom outfits and finally dress like a normal adult.
After having Tyler, basically every day I was wearing capris and t-shirts. Not even denim capris- sport capris or my pink terry-cloth NY&Co. carpis. Oh, and my t-shirts- they were what I was wearing when I was pregnant. It was sad.
I am a big fan of all things comfortable so to me, wearing jeans was just not an option.
But, last week I decided enough was enough. It was Brad's first day of pre-school after all and I couldn't embarrass him by showing up in my usual garb of comfortable "mom outfits."
So, I wore jeans, a new shirt my brother had given me for my birthday as well as the denim jacket he gave me, and my cute brown flats.
Pardon the picture- I did not feel like getting better ones in different lighting.
Time to get rid of the mom outfits and finally dress like a normal adult.
After having Tyler, basically every day I was wearing capris and t-shirts. Not even denim capris- sport capris or my pink terry-cloth NY&Co. carpis. Oh, and my t-shirts- they were what I was wearing when I was pregnant. It was sad.
I am a big fan of all things comfortable so to me, wearing jeans was just not an option.
But, last week I decided enough was enough. It was Brad's first day of pre-school after all and I couldn't embarrass him by showing up in my usual garb of comfortable "mom outfits."
So, I wore jeans, a new shirt my brother had given me for my birthday as well as the denim jacket he gave me, and my cute brown flats.
Pardon the picture- I did not feel like getting better ones in different lighting.

Denim jacket: Gap Outlet (gift); shirt: Gap Outlet (gift); boot cut jeans: Levi's from JcPenney; brown flats: Target (last summer).
My goal for this week coming up: actually get a picture every day! I need to find my remote, that would be so much more helpful. For the picture above I put a chair in this spot, focused where I wanted it, then put the timer on and stood where the chair was.
Oh, and how does every one get their WIWW pics? Tri-pod, someone else take your pic??
And, here is a picture that I think goes along with this post-











Oh sweet baby! My heart skipped a beat! So glad you joined in the WIWW fun! Lookin' good!
ReplyDeleteYou look great Heather! I can't wait to go back to normal clothes after baby is here.
ReplyDeleteYou look great! :) Doesn't it feel good to get out of the norm? I usually just do pics in the mirror, cause I don't feel like getting any more fancy.
ReplyDeleteHeather! You look great! I have been wanting to do one of these posts too, but I was nervous to. I had on a cute outfit that I wore to church last Sunday and I had Dan take my picture, but I didn't think it was blog worthy. Maybe I will, even if there is some red eye. :)
ReplyDeletefun! I haven't done this meme yet... you look great in both pics :)
ReplyDeleteYou look adorable (I love denim jackets!) and your son is adorable.
ReplyDeleteI started WIWW this summer, and my family and even my mom noticed that I was dressing nicer instead of jeans and a sweatshirt every day (or t-shirt if it was cooler).
I kept saving all my "good" clothes for church or going out and gave my family the left-overs, lol!