Halloween has been over with for quite some time now and I have yet to get a post up, until now.
Last year I saw a tutorial for a Peter Pan costume that I thought was so adorable.
And, it was also something that I thought I could make even though I am not that skilled at sewing.
Brad fell asleep on the way home that day in the vehicle so he had just woken up from that nap when we set out to go trick-or-treating.
He's a little cranky after naps sometimes. :)
Last year I saw a tutorial for a Peter Pan costume that I thought was so adorable.
And, it was also something that I thought I could make even though I am not that skilled at sewing.
Brad fell asleep on the way home that day in the vehicle so he had just woken up from that nap when we set out to go trick-or-treating.
He's a little cranky after naps sometimes. :)
He was fine even by the time we got to the end of our driveway.
We walked for almost two hours and the weather was perfect. It was cool but there wasn't any breeze.
We walked for almost two hours and the weather was perfect. It was cool but there wasn't any breeze.
When we got home Brad helped David put more candy in the bowl.
Then we went inside and checked out his loot.
Then we went inside and checked out his loot.

He was one happy little boy and wanted to do it again. It's hard for a kid to understand that it is just once a year.
About his costume- I got the tutorial from here and here.
I made his hat out of the green fleece instead of brown felt or fleece like the tutorials called for, because Peter Pan's hat really is green. I did not need to make or buy pants (although I would have just bought pants or leggings) because he had Buzz Lightyear pajama pants that worked perfectly.
For his shoes, I had a hard time making the exact fit. David had the bright idea of slitting the bottoms of the felt brown shoes open, putting them on his feet and then putting his sneakers on and slipping them over the sneakers. That worked perfectly and they fit great that way!
It was fun to make and for Brad to see it as it was coming together and he still likes to dress up frequently (almost every day it seems) as Peter Pan!
About his costume- I got the tutorial from here and here.
I made his hat out of the green fleece instead of brown felt or fleece like the tutorials called for, because Peter Pan's hat really is green. I did not need to make or buy pants (although I would have just bought pants or leggings) because he had Buzz Lightyear pajama pants that worked perfectly.
For his shoes, I had a hard time making the exact fit. David had the bright idea of slitting the bottoms of the felt brown shoes open, putting them on his feet and then putting his sneakers on and slipping them over the sneakers. That worked perfectly and they fit great that way!
It was fun to make and for Brad to see it as it was coming together and he still likes to dress up frequently (almost every day it seems) as Peter Pan!












Oh my goodness, he is TOO CUTE as Peter Pan!
ReplyDeleteyou did a great job on his costume!! :) I'm glad you are doing well! I've missed your posts!
ReplyDelete