Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Girls Night Out

Now that I'm a mom I don't have as much time to spend hanging out with my friends, which is fine. But, every once in a while it is so nice to go out with a friend. Tonight I went out to dinner with my best friend, the occasion being our birthdays. We went to a french restaurant in a shopping plaza in a nearby city so we could walk around and look at the shops after dinner. Dinner was so good; I love good food. I think that if you're going to pay for someone to prepare your food, you might as well go to a place where you know a real chef is preparing it. I went to school for Culinary (just to learn how to cook, not to be a chef) so I'm more critical of food I'm served than the average person eating in a restaurant. Tonight my best friend and I had a three course meal. Well, maybe it was really two and half because we split the appetizer. :-) It was the perfect night to go to this restaurant because a photographer was there taking pictures for the restaurant, so all the guests were receiving 15% off their bill. The photographer actually took some pictures of us from different angles, at one point he even told me to hold my wine glass while I talked to my friend. Anyway, my best friend and I enjoyed our food (more so after the photographer moved on to other subjects) and we enjoyed wine and champagne, too.
The evening ended well. We walked around the plaza and window shopped and even went inside some of the shops and browsed. We walked for an hour, which was good, because I was driving and needed some time for the alcohol to leave my system. The night was crisp and clear and we shared many laughs and even sang along with songs on the radio on the way home. I truly feel blessed that I have a best friend who has known me since I was a baby, and now we are women with our own homes(five minutes apart) and spouses. God has been good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails