Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Friday, November 6, 2009

Thanksgiving Talk

I have Thanksgiving on my mind. I was visiting Kelly's blog and her most recent post is about Thanksgiving, and she is asking her readers to share what their traditions are and what they like to cook. That got me excited to share a recipe that I look forward to every year- squash casserole. Oh yes, a very unhealthy, carb loaded casserole is one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving. Here is the recipe:

Squash Casserole
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of sour cream
1 box Stove Top Stuffing
2 pounds of frozen squash
1 onion, chopped
Heat up squash and set aside. Sautee onion. Mix together wet ingredients, then mix in squash and onion, then fold in stove top.
Bake for 20-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
It might not seem like much, but trust me, you will be back for seconds!
So, being that I shared one of my favorite foods about Thanksgiving, I might as well continue with the other foods I look forward to every year:

Deep fried turkey- if you have not had this before you must try this at least once in your life. If you want a wonderfully delicious, moist and crispy turkey- deep fry it!! I am so glad that my hubby had enough sense to buy a deep fryer before we got married. I cannot imagine a Thanksgiving without one now. :-)
Stuffing- Oh yes, good old stuffing. Stuffing is a carb lovers dream. I'll eat Stove top, yes, but I prefer homemade. Ya know, you just buy the stuffing crouton thingies (I don't know their technical name) and then you chop up some carrot, celery and onion and sautee that, then you add chicken stock and whatever else your heart desires (think walnuts or apples). Easy, easy dish, but oh-so good!
Dilly Beans- I don't have these every year because my eating these is dependent on my mom growing her own green beans or picking someone else's and then canning them with dill, vinegar and garlic....and yes, I eat the clove at the bottom of the jar. I did make them one year, but, being that I have a phobia of botulism, I haven't made them since. Yea, canning and I don't do so great together.
So, that is just some of my favorite foods at Thanksgiving, what are yours?



2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...my favorite Thanksgiving food is homemade Apple sauage stuffing!!! Yum Yum Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails