Since I have recently joined in on "Hot and Healthy Thru the Holidays with Mama M. and Keely" I have been eating healthier this week. Well, mostly healthier....I'm trying to forget the ice cream I had a couple of times this week... :-) So, here is the recipe for the Cannellini Bean Salad I have been eating:
Cannellini Bean Salad
2 cans cannellini beans
1/2 can water chestnuts (cut water chestnuts in half)
1/2 jar of capers
A few cloves of garlic, sliced
Drizzle of olive oil
A splash or two of white vinegar
Crack sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste (if you desire)
Save the other half can of water chestnuts and half jar of capers for the next time you make this salad.
I made this recipe a few days ago. I have been eating some of it for lunch or on the side with dinner. The beans are great for dietary fiber (4 grams/1/2 cup) and protein (7 grams/1/2 cup). I just love the flavors of garlic and vinegar and the crunch of the water chestnuts. Of course, you could always add anything else you want, it's simple and versatile.
So, link up with MckLinky and share your favorite healthy recipe!












Hey Heather!
ReplyDeleteYum-O! I love beans..That sounds great and easy..thanks for linking up!!
Happy Saturday
Heather...that sounds delicious!! I love waterchestnuts...but, I've always wondered...what the heck are capers?
ReplyDeleteHmmm....it is hard to describe capers. I think of them as miniature olives...I don't know how else to describe them. They are in the international isle of the grocery store, or with the olives I think. :)
ReplyDeleteI wish you hadn't compared capers to olives... because I LOVE the first and HATE the second!
ReplyDeleteI had to go look up a cannellini beans. I'd never heard of them. Shows how much time I spend in the kitchen!
~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com
Elizabeth,
ReplyDeleteHa, sorry. :-) I really couldn't think of a better way to describe them.