1. Which boygroup did you like most in your teens?
I really didn't listen to the radio when I was a teenager! But, I suppose a group that I like some songs of was N'Sync.
2. Do you do Christmas cards, letters, photos, nuthin', all of the above?
I never really thought I would do a Christmas card every year when I was married. Our first Christmas though, I actually started my tradition of sending one! I started out being all crafty and buying blank cards and using stamps and scrap booking pens to make a nifty and creative card. Then the next year, I bought the cards, but I still stamped some things on the inside- ya know, still being a little crafty. :) Then the year after that I just bought the cards and signed our names..ha! Same for the next year. That brings me to this year; this year I just took a picture of my son and went onto Shutterfly and picked out a card to put his picture on. All I had to do when I got them in the mail was address and stamp them. Honestly, next year I'm considering taking them up on their service (albeit I'll have to pay for it) of addressing the cards and sending them out for me!
3. If you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?
Hmmm.....well, honestly I don't know if there is anyone that I really feel the need to meet. Why are these people famous anyway? They are good at sports? They can memorize lines and make you believe they are the character they are portraying? They are just like you and I, HUMAN! But, I will share that I have met a famous person, or persons I should say. I met three out of the four(just Michael Britt, Keech Rainwater and Richie McDonald) of the country group Lonestar. I was working in Subway and they came in to eat. They were traveling to a town maybe an hour away from where I was working, to do a concert. They walked in and ordered (the lead singer asked for a tuna wrap) and I said (with awe in my voice) "Are you Lonestar?? *jaw dropping*" (yes, clever, I know!) So, they said "yes," of course. Then Keech Rainwater shook my hand. I was wearing plastic gloves because I was making subs, and because my clean glove touched an unclean hand, I threw it out in front of him and got a new one. (I'm still a stellar employee and follow health code rules, even at the risk of insulting famous people). It wasn't until later that I realized I might have insulted him by throwing out the glove that touched his hand. Oh well, safety first! :-)
4. Favorite thing to cook with (i.e. stainless, non-stick, Dutch oven, microwave, debit card...or, perhaps, a cauldron, etc.)?
I am a stainless steal fan! But I also like cast iron. My stainless steel pans have plastic handles so they can't be transferred to the oven . My mom gave me an eight inch cast iron skillet when I got married and that is idea for something you might start on the stove top, but want to transfer to the oven. Also, I love Dutch ovens and borrow my mom's cast iron one so much that I just want to buy one already!! However, the price range is a little much, we're talking $200-$300. I really need to buy one in the next couple years, though, I use hers often enough!! Le Creuset would be my brand of choice. :-)
5. What is the one thing you wear the most, besides your unmentionables?
My pajamas. Should I be ashamed that when I get home I throw on a pair of pj's? Well, sometimes it is sweatpants and a t-shirt- same difference as pj's. :-) Hey, what can I say? I love comfort.
I really didn't listen to the radio when I was a teenager! But, I suppose a group that I like some songs of was N'Sync.
2. Do you do Christmas cards, letters, photos, nuthin', all of the above?
I never really thought I would do a Christmas card every year when I was married. Our first Christmas though, I actually started my tradition of sending one! I started out being all crafty and buying blank cards and using stamps and scrap booking pens to make a nifty and creative card. Then the next year, I bought the cards, but I still stamped some things on the inside- ya know, still being a little crafty. :) Then the year after that I just bought the cards and signed our names..ha! Same for the next year. That brings me to this year; this year I just took a picture of my son and went onto Shutterfly and picked out a card to put his picture on. All I had to do when I got them in the mail was address and stamp them. Honestly, next year I'm considering taking them up on their service (albeit I'll have to pay for it) of addressing the cards and sending them out for me!
3. If you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?
Hmmm.....well, honestly I don't know if there is anyone that I really feel the need to meet. Why are these people famous anyway? They are good at sports? They can memorize lines and make you believe they are the character they are portraying? They are just like you and I, HUMAN! But, I will share that I have met a famous person, or persons I should say. I met three out of the four(just Michael Britt, Keech Rainwater and Richie McDonald) of the country group Lonestar. I was working in Subway and they came in to eat. They were traveling to a town maybe an hour away from where I was working, to do a concert. They walked in and ordered (the lead singer asked for a tuna wrap) and I said (with awe in my voice) "Are you Lonestar?? *jaw dropping*" (yes, clever, I know!) So, they said "yes," of course. Then Keech Rainwater shook my hand. I was wearing plastic gloves because I was making subs, and because my clean glove touched an unclean hand, I threw it out in front of him and got a new one. (I'm still a stellar employee and follow health code rules, even at the risk of insulting famous people). It wasn't until later that I realized I might have insulted him by throwing out the glove that touched his hand. Oh well, safety first! :-)
4. Favorite thing to cook with (i.e. stainless, non-stick, Dutch oven, microwave, debit card...or, perhaps, a cauldron, etc.)?
I am a stainless steal fan! But I also like cast iron. My stainless steel pans have plastic handles so they can't be transferred to the oven . My mom gave me an eight inch cast iron skillet when I got married and that is idea for something you might start on the stove top, but want to transfer to the oven. Also, I love Dutch ovens and borrow my mom's cast iron one so much that I just want to buy one already!! However, the price range is a little much, we're talking $200-$300. I really need to buy one in the next couple years, though, I use hers often enough!! Le Creuset would be my brand of choice. :-)
5. What is the one thing you wear the most, besides your unmentionables?
My pajamas. Should I be ashamed that when I get home I throw on a pair of pj's? Well, sometimes it is sweatpants and a t-shirt- same difference as pj's. :-) Hey, what can I say? I love comfort.











Was gonna leave this on the Photoshop/Lightroom post but afraid you wouldn't see it. Just wanted to let you know you can go to the Adobe website and download both for 30 free trials. I have them both downloaded right now and I'm not impressed with it's ease of use. I have used Google's free editing program Picasa for years now, it doesn't do much, but it's so easy. The others might be easy with some instructions which of course don't come with the free trial. But I worked with one pic the other night and could not really even tell ups from downs in either program. Just my two cents, but wanted to let you know you could download the trial for free and try them out yourself. If you have any good tips for either, I'd love to know them.
ReplyDeleteHey, thanks for the tips!! If I don't win (because if I do win, they are FREE and I will have as long as I need to figure 'em out! :) hehe) then I will try and look up instructions online and tips before I download the free trial of either. I actually just started using Picasa! I like it a lot. However, the other day I was trying to put a dark vignette around my photo and it wasn't working. I googled it for picasa and someone said to do a graduated tint, then save the pic, then rotate it 90 degrees and do the same thing, then save and so on until all the sides have the darker edges. It wasn't working- it ended up making the whole picture look dark! Oh well.
ReplyDelete