Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog is having a blog hop today and I was so excited to join in! She wants us to show a picture before and then after we edit it. I used Lightroom Beta 3, which I love using, and will be very sad to delete in April.
Felicity and Bradley are the lucky subjects in this project. :-)
Here is the before photo:
Felicity and Bradley are the lucky subjects in this project. :-)
Here is the before photo:
I cropped this photo a little so that the edge of Wesley's hat didn't show on the right. Then, I bumped up the temp to +20 to make is warmer(notice how the wooden door in the back is now brown instead of gray), then I bumped up saturation to +26. I lightened it up a little, too, with the tone curve and I think I slid the brightness bar the right a little. Oh, I tried to get their eyes bluer by moving the blue saturation colors to the right but I don't think it did anything.
Well, this was fun and I think it is a big difference. I have been having a LOT of fun using Lightroom and editing. I had no idea that once I started using an editing program I would be editing EVERY single photo before I let other people see it. Seriously, it is getting addicting. :-) I am looking forward to seeing other entries in this fun blog hop and maybe get some tips. I am always looking for ways to improve my photography and seeing every one's pictures in the blog world is so much fun and inspiring!
Well, this was fun and I think it is a big difference. I have been having a LOT of fun using Lightroom and editing. I had no idea that once I started using an editing program I would be editing EVERY single photo before I let other people see it. Seriously, it is getting addicting. :-) I am looking forward to seeing other entries in this fun blog hop and maybe get some tips. I am always looking for ways to improve my photography and seeing every one's pictures in the blog world is so much fun and inspiring!













We are starting school a bit late today, but as soon as I finish I will have to do this! How fun! I love your edit! I have heard great things about lightroom!
ReplyDeleteI hopped over from monicas blog. I love that picture.. you did a great job girlie! I didnt participate in the hop myself because I dont have an editing program :( for xmas I recently got my cannon I have been dreaming of and no editing program.. kind of a waste huh?! Hope to get one soon! Good job on the pics!!
ReplyDeleteI edit almost every picture too now! It's totally addicting!!
ReplyDeleteYour edit looks great!
Nice. I like it!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I figured out who your porfile pic reminds me of...Natalie Portman.
I love your edit! It really helps to see the before & after. And, uh - I HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN. (Really, no surprise, since I knew nothing...I only had a point-and-shoot before.) :)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to check out that blog hop. I don't have any editing software at the present. I have a feeling that my already full life is about to get fuller. :) That's okay, if somebody told me how much time I would have spent blogging, I never would have started! But, I love it and I'm glad I started. So, now it's editing pictures, maybe??? :) Yours always look great!
I agree! It's addicting!!! You did a great job. I've never messed with "temp". Does photoshop have that?? I love how it warmed the picture up and made the wood so brown. Love it! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your edit! That yellow tone is gorgeous, as are the two little ones!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! And I love that you told us what you did. I forgot to do that. I agree with kimberly the yellow is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteMonica
Hi Heather, love the warm tones in your edit. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteIn response to your Eye Candy Actions question on my blog I have Photoshop CS4 but I think they will also work on CS2 & CS3.
Have a wonderful day xx
I love the way the wood grain turned out- and the bench color. What a great shot!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the edit! Great job. How much is Lighthouse anyway? I must try it out!
ReplyDeleteTraci