Thank you to everyone who gave me advice on cooking Steel Cut Oats, but it was the advice of my Pastor's wife that I took (Kami, I will have to try that overnight recipe). 1 cup of oats, 4 cups of water, 2 hours in the crock pot on high. I put it in at 7 when I got up and two hours later it was perfect!

Of course, I had to drizzle some honey on it.
I've been on a honey kick lately....in my oatmeal, on toast with peanut butter and straight from the bottle on a spoon. :-)
I've been on a honey kick lately....in my oatmeal, on toast with peanut butter and straight from the bottle on a spoon. :-)

Bradley did not have any oatmeal. I did give him some but he said "no" and shook his head(even after multiple times of offering it to him). He has a cold that makes him cough a lot and he is congested in his throat. I feel badly for him and I hope he gets over this quickly so he can get back to eating better.















cute jammies!
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so glad it worked out! Great shots and lighting! I use honey on everything - love it! I just recently got into agave nectar as well. Have you tried that? It has a lower glucose level and hits your blood stream a bit slower than honey.
ReplyDeleteGlad it worked out. Love his p.j's!
ReplyDeleteTiffany, I haven't used agave nectar but I'm going to look for it now next time I go to the store. Anything that has a lower glucose level is better for me anyways. I had gestational diabetes so I'm higher risk for having type II if I'm not careful. Plus, in the morning your blood sugar goes higher faster so the nectar would probably be best to have in the morning. :)
ReplyDeleteHeather the agave nectar is in the cereal isle at Walmart. :)
ReplyDelete