Non-Resolutions
I didn't make New Year's resolutions; I didn't want to set myself up for failure. Instead, I told myself that I wanted to work on some things in my life. I want to be an organized homemaker, a loving wife, a better mommy and more committed to spending time in God's Word. Well, I am having a hard time with the organized homemaker part...
These pictures are only half of my kitchen, there is still the section that the Kitchen Aid is on, and then the counter/sink area to the left of this picture.
I'm going to stop berating myself for not doing this the beginning of the week and just do it tomorrow! I already started and I'm thinking about what I want to do. So, get ready for some after pictures of my kitchen.
And I realize by the time anyone is reading this it will be tomorrow so, get ready for some pictures soon. Maybe Friday night, I can't see myself getting them up before my little guy goes to bed.
For this week and the next three weeks I will be working on different zones in my house. I'm following a guideline from Clean Mama. Pick a zone that you want to work on during the week and then take 15 minutes each day to organize that area. I started in my kitchen tonight by organizing a little corner where my CD player and change jar is. Then I hung up some artwork and a picture frame and I moved my calendar to a better spot. I'm going to show some after pictures tomorrow. Here is what my kitchen looked like tonight:
I moved the calendar because I could not access it very well with the Kitchen Aid right underneath it. The magnets on the fridge need to be gone through and organized and the decorations on top of my cabinet are lame! You can barely see it (thank goodness) but behind the cereal boxes on top of the cabinets is a John Deere tractor and a piston from an engine! My husband's touch. Well, the tractor might be able to stay, maybe it adds "country charm"...
My cat, Thomas, goes on top of the cabinets and then to the fridge when he wants attention. But never mind him, back to the kitchen.

This corner is so scary! You can't see it but next to the fridge is my good silverware in a wooden box and to the right are my canisters(although I don't use them...) and then there are boxes of K-cups and bread and wine bottles. Oh my!
I moved the calendar because I could not access it very well with the Kitchen Aid right underneath it. The magnets on the fridge need to be gone through and organized and the decorations on top of my cabinet are lame! You can barely see it (thank goodness) but behind the cereal boxes on top of the cabinets is a John Deere tractor and a piston from an engine! My husband's touch. Well, the tractor might be able to stay, maybe it adds "country charm"...
My cat, Thomas, goes on top of the cabinets and then to the fridge when he wants attention. But never mind him, back to the kitchen.
This corner is so scary! You can't see it but next to the fridge is my good silverware in a wooden box and to the right are my canisters(although I don't use them...) and then there are boxes of K-cups and bread and wine bottles. Oh my!
These pictures are only half of my kitchen, there is still the section that the Kitchen Aid is on, and then the counter/sink area to the left of this picture.I'm going to stop berating myself for not doing this the beginning of the week and just do it tomorrow! I already started and I'm thinking about what I want to do. So, get ready for some after pictures of my kitchen.
And I realize by the time anyone is reading this it will be tomorrow so, get ready for some pictures soon. Maybe Friday night, I can't see myself getting them up before my little guy goes to bed.










Good luck! Looking forward to the after pictures.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it feel great to be able to bring order and organization to those parts of your life?! I, too, have a place in my kitchen that needs some major work - it's a little corner cabinet that I need to turn into a lazy susan because, as it is, I can't reach anything that's been shoved back into that corner! Maybe that will be my project of the day today ... we'll see! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the after pictures!
Good job so far Heather. Keep it up! I love the feeling after I have finished cleaning. I can relax after that.
ReplyDelete