Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter wonderland visitor

Today we had a visitor.
My husband first saw him when he happened to look outside the bathroom window, which faces a hill and cliff directly behind our house (in fact, the wall of our basement that is next to the cliff, is bedrock! Not concrete or blocks, but just rock). He called to me and I ran and up the stairs while simultaneously taking off the 50mm lens on our camera and then putting on the 55-250mm lens. When I handed my husband the camera he took pictures of this little(maybe he doesn't seem little in the pictures but he seemed on the smaller side to me) guy:


The second picture was taken through the lower half of our window(my husband got a better view there) and the screen was there, so, I had to sharpen up the image in Lightroom.


I told my husband to zoom out for a little perspective but it doesn't help because it makes the deer look so far away! This is right behind our house, we only have about 10 feet between our house and the cliff/hill when we walk behind our house and the deer was probably 30 feet from us.




I went outside VERY carefully to get better pictures. This is a zoomed out picture to show where I was right outside my house.



Then he noticed me! Every time he looked I held perfectly still. I wanted to play with the settings but I had it on Automatic- No Flash. He would have noticed if I had taken the time to fix the settings. I don't even know if I zoomed in all the way for a couple of these. I was trying not to do too much.

Oops, he noticed me! See ya later, lady; I thought you were there!

I walked around to the front of my house but I couldn't find him. So long, deer, thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! That is soooo cool! We live in the country, and occasionally get deer through our land...then hunting season comes, and they disappear. I like to think they are just "bedding down" for the rest of the winter...but I'm not sure that's the case! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat. Sometimes we see some in our back fields too. Mostly we just see turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures! we always had deer visitors when we lived on our farm. not so much in our neighborhood now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails