Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

100th Post

Well, this is my 100th post. It seems strange to me that I have written 100 blog posts (I have deleted old "Giveaway" posts). I have had a lot of fun since starting in September. I feel like I have been all over the place with my blog. I've posted about photography, my family, recipes, play dates with my friend Lindsay's kids, some serious posts about my attitude towards life and how I want to better myself and a little about my faith. Thank you, to my followers. Honestly, I am always surprised when I get a new follower. I'm just having fun.

I'll wonder what the next 100 posts will be and what I will be inspired to share.

For today I want to share this:

I finally figured out textures using Gimp. Jamie from Mommy's Camera has the best tutorial for this. You can check that out here.

This is a photo I took of Brad this past Fall. It was a photo shoot I did, trying to get a Christmas card photo. I did not use a photo from this photo shoot because this was the best smile I got from that and as you can see it is not a real smile.

I used a texture I downloaded from
Coffee Shop. I want to find other textures that look better on skin. This was the best picture that came out when I was trying it out.

That is what I will be working on for Thursday. If Monica from Pixel Perfect has another "Before and After" photo editing blog hop then, I hope to have a texture photo ready.

Thanks again for reading!

7 comments:

  1. O yea! Happy 100th! I am going to try the textures right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said it before, but he he is just adorable!! You did great with your texture - I love it. I am not sure if you are aware but you can download free textures in flickr. I have used a lot from them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading your posts! Also, variety is the spice of life...so don't change a thing ;)

    Great effect on the picture. You know, I read a tutorial on MckMama's blog on how to do textures on Photoshop. She said they have good textures on istock...but they are not free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh 100th! Congratulations! I recently found your blog...and I'm loving! :-)

    Love the picture! Your little guy is so cute. The texture is great! I'm going to try too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 100! It's such an achievement! You make a good point about going back and deleting old giveaways... I might follow suit and do the same!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your texture!! You did a great job! Glad I could be helpful to you :) Congrats on 100 posts! I've got a way to go before I get to 100.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the texture! and we had a potty chair that looked like that...I gave it to my mother in law and she uses it for a planter :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails