Before and after is hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog. To see her edit and others, click the button above.
It has been very cold here at my house the past couple days. Last night after Brad went to bed, the sun was still shining so I went out and snapped some photos.
My house is partially hidden from the sun by trees so this photo was taken in complete shade.
The backdrop is bedrock. My bulb flowerbed is right in front of rock.

I love this flower. I forgot where I got this. Home Depot comes to mind....I think I bought it there. It has probably been coming back up for the past four years.
Here is the after photo:
I edited in Lightroom 3 Beta 2. I used my 50mm f/1.8 lens on my Canon Rebel T1i.I basically boosted the saturation, vibrancy, brightness, clarity, and blacks.
Then, I cropped it.
Sometimes I don't get composition the way I want it. I tend to be a little impatient.
I felt the flower needed to be more in the left of the photo.
What do you think?












I like the edit. the colors stand out way more. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteIt really jumps out at you now! Good job getting the color right!
ReplyDeleteI really like it. It's natural and beautiful. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI love how simple the edit is but it makes such a big difference!! Beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful... :)
ReplyDeletegreat job
ReplyDeleteNice! I like how it pops.
ReplyDeletei love the edit - it's so simple and lovely. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteThe original was so beautiful to begin with that it hardly needed any editing at all but the little bit you did really made a nice difference. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteDonna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!
Great edit! I love how much more vibrant you made it!
ReplyDelete