Who does not want to clean the kitchen after making a really good dinner?
Because that is how I feel right now.
Tonight I made Pioneer Woman's chicken pot pie.
It was so good. Even David liked it (surprisingly), well, except for the peas.
At least, I think he liked it. He didn't tell me not to make it again.
Here is the final product after I took a few servings out for our plates.
Because that is how I feel right now.
Tonight I made Pioneer Woman's chicken pot pie.
It was so good. Even David liked it (surprisingly), well, except for the peas.
At least, I think he liked it. He didn't tell me not to make it again.
Here is the final product after I took a few servings out for our plates.

I only took one preparation photo. I thought the veggies were so bright looking in my lime green dutch oven.
I love my dutch oven.
Obviously not as much as I love David or Brad. :)

At one point during the dinner preparations Brad took his normal spot on the kitchen floor to play with Tupperware.

He threw this top on the floor (you can see the one side hasn't landed yet) and was fascinated to see how a circular object fell.
So now we have finished eating...well, Brad not so much. He didn't want to eat this chicken pot pie. I think it is due to teething. Two molars have come in the bottom on each side. Poor little guy.However, when I reheated some mixed veggies from last night he ate up all the corn- his favorite.
Now he is asleep on the couch in Daddy's arms. In a little while I will probably try and get his pajamas on without waking him. He didn't get a good nap today- just about 20 minutes in the Tahoe on the way to a bookstore.
OK, so don't forget to let me know that I'm NOT the only one who doesn't want to clean up the kitchen after making a "really good meal." :)











Guilty! Me too! Funny, as I type this, there are dinner dishes sitting on the kitchen counter!
ReplyDeleteBTW, love your new header photo. Way adorable!
I'm always so exhausted by the time I'm done with dinner that I don't even care if the kitchen gets cleaned up. That plus a full tummy.. who wants to move? LoL!
ReplyDeleteI still have not done the dishes! :-)
ReplyDeleteSit back and enjoy that WONDERFUL looking dinner and don't look back til morning.... =)
ReplyDeleteChicken pot pie is one of my favorites. Let me know next time you are having it..and I'll invite myself over!! And I'm with you..I hate cleaning after I cook. That's why I trained my kids to do it! Oh, and the hubs is very helpful too!
ReplyDelete