Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Momentous Monday

<span class=

Momentous Monday is hosted by Tiffany at "A Moment Cherished". Click on her button above to see her post and others.

This Monday, I am going to share a momentous moment that might not seem so momentous to some.....but it was to me.

This past week this little boy and I


took this...


...and opened it.

We put it in water...


and watched it unfold...


into...

a...


...washcloth.

Brad wasn't as excited as I was.


He just wanted to pull it out...


...so he could splash in the sink.


Now, why would this washcloth be momentous?


Let's go back a little over two years ago.
I had a miscarriage in January of 2008. David and I were not planning to start our family but were excited to become parents.
Twelve days after finding out we were expecting a baby, I had a miscarriage.
Even though we hadn't been planning on starting our family then, we decided that it was the right time.
So, before we had children we wanted to take a special trip that I had been wanting to go on.
I had always wanted to go to Disney World.
David and I decided to go and about 5 weeks later, in February, we went.
While in Disney World, I saw the washcloth in one of the shops. I had gotten one of those before when I was a teenager, an Ariel washcloth to be exact, and I thought it was fun to watch a compact washcloth become it's original form.
I bought this washcloth that day, hoping someday I would have a child to share the small excitement of that with.
Well, last week I was rummaging through an old Disney souvenir bag in my closet and found it.
I was very excited because I had forgotten about it.
I thought the timing of my finding it was special because I now had a child and he was old enough to watch this washcloth unfold with me.
Brad may have been more excited about splashing in the water than he was about the washcloth, but it is a small moment I will remember as a Mommy.
It was almost like finding that washcloth was God's reminder to me that he had been faithful in making me a mommy again by giving me Bradley.
A couple months after buying that washcloth we found out we were pregnant with Brad and then had him in December of that year.
God is good!

8 comments:

  1. Yes indeed! God is very good. You have been very blessed with such a precious little guy. He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sweet! God is so good and faithful. I love how you forgot about it and then found it for you both to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good! What a very precious moment - thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brings tears to my eyes. Isn't it awesome that we have a God who cares about the desires of our hearts? This is a GREAT moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious story and moment to share with your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so sweet, Heather. I love seeing God in little moments like this one - exactly what I was hoping Momentous Monday would be. Thank you for sharing and for linking up!
    And you are so write - God IS so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a sweet reminder...what a special moment to share with him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a precious story. It is lovely to see how God blessed your heart in a time of loss, and gave you a little item that represented hope. Thanks for passing on a little hope to me and others. As you know, it goes a long ways.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails