Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Before and After

Before and After is hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect. I enjoy participating every week and trying to stretch myself and do something that is different for me.
I also enjoy seeing some really cool edits!

I took this picture with my Canon Rebel T1i and 50mm f/1.8 lens.
It was taken in the shade so it is a little cool.


In the after I warmed it up in Lightroom 3 Beta 2 (free until June). I did other things too, but I mostly forgot. I think I added some blacks, desaturated a little but saturated just the blue and green. I couldn't get his blueberry popsicle saturated more. You can hardly see it.
Also, I rounded the corners of the photo in Gimp.
I tried saving in LR with a different watermark- I wanted one at the bottom center because I was going to be rounding corners but it would NOT stay in the photo after the export! It was SOOOO weird. I tried about 5 times and finally gave up and used this watermark I've been using.
It's always amazing to me to see before and afters. You might think a photo is just perfect but adding color and warmth, or the opposite, can make a photo look so much better.
Oh, and any constructive criticism and tips would be great. :)




21 comments:

  1. I love the warmth that you brought into the pictures. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new blog look, and the picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take most of my photos in the shade....and they almost always need a little "boost". FUN right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job at warming it up!! I love the shirt too!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my.. what a sweet photo!!!! :) Love the edits, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!! what shots! Love e both. Great job!
    Plz do visit me

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie! You did a wonderful job with your edit!!! Love the shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love his onsie!!! Great job with the edit, it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww.... this is cute!

    I use lightroom too (love it!) and usually apply corrections to the ENTIRE photograph but I think you can use the brush tool to 'paint' on certain parts of the photo. That could help you bring out the color in the Popsicle without affecting the rest of the image. :)

    Donna
    Our Blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the edit...super cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute!!!!! And I love his onsie!!! Great edit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love his t-shirt. What a cutie! I think the edit is great. The color really warms it up. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job!

    I love his onesie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heart his onesie too! What a sweetie. You did a fantastic job. I love the final edit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a cute before/after :)
    LOVE your new blog design SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have really enjoyed lightroom, it's amazing how easy it is to change things up! The warmth you added to this photo is just what it needed! I have no clue how to do a watermark!
    His little T-shirt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! I love the lightened edit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails