Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Before and After

These two photos are from our train trip we went on a couple weeks ago.
I think we all know how it is when not everyone in the photo is smiling.
This was the second photo and Brad had enough.
He was smiling before...

...but Daddy was too busy telling him to look at the camera.
Daddy didn't know it but he was and his smile was so cute!







I tried to fix it in Photoshop and I have to say I think it came out pretty good- for my first time using the lasso tool.


I also did a little editing in Lightroom.

This was taken with my Canon Rebel T1i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens. Edited in Photoshop CS5 (I downloaded it as a TRIAL- gotta get rid of it in 14 days; I'm all nervous having that expensive program on my computer. :) And, some editing in Lightroom.

Don't forget to check out Monica's blog to see all the other creative edits!

24 comments:

  1. Love it!! Great job using the lasso tool. Photoshop is so cool & gun to use when you figure out new things. I've been "teaching" myself how to use PS & it's been quite an adventure!
    Hugs, HL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather!! That is fantastic! Love the edited shot. I love the green shirts, too! I am sorry I have not been here in awhile. I just cannot keep up. {sad} I miss reading your blog, and I will try to be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word he's too cute!! Great job using the lasso, I'm scared to use it. And how cute that they match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the subtle brightening you did in this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome edit! You can't even tell those are 2 different photos merged into one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am impressed! I am awful with the lasso tool, but this looks GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!!! I've always wanted to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good job!! Being able to provide this type of editing is the single most important reason why people should at least get semi-professional family pictures taken every year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job! I just love it :) Now if only I could figure out how to use my DSLR camera on more than just "auto", life would be more fun when it comes to picture taking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-what a great job! I cant tell at all that you changed the face. I want to try that now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks fantastic. Nice edit. And yeah, I can't tell you changed the face either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job with the lasso! you'd never know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. (Followed you here from Pixel Perfect)

    I love how the lasso tool can rescue a picture and turn it into something we love and cherish, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! That was excellent!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome edit! I need to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool! I can't believe how awesome the lasso tool works! Great job!

    And oh my goodness, look at your little guy's HUGE smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Great job with that edit! They look so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo, I'd love some more information on how you did this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job! I love both smiles in the edit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOw...Heather...that is not easy and you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I am really blown away by that lasso tool and the editing job you did - way to go, Heather! (I like the brightening, too!) Great way to take the best of two photos and make a fantastic finished piece!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails