I enjoy eating Annie's Macaroni and Cheese but I thought that I would jazz it up.
I want to eat healthier and add green vegetables to my foods.
Fresh spinach leaves sounded good. They are full of vitamins and cook down really well so they would be nice and soft in the mac and cheese.
I never tried using leeks before but I am a fan of onions and anything in that family so I decided to give those a try, too.
Here's the recipe:
Take a big bunch of rinsed spinach leaves.
I want to eat healthier and add green vegetables to my foods.
Fresh spinach leaves sounded good. They are full of vitamins and cook down really well so they would be nice and soft in the mac and cheese.
I never tried using leeks before but I am a fan of onions and anything in that family so I decided to give those a try, too.
Here's the recipe:
Take a big bunch of rinsed spinach leaves.

Chop up some leeks.
I didn't chop too many up as I wasn't sure how strong they are. I had maybe a quarter cup there and that was a good amount.
I really enjoyed this dish and whenever I make Annie's mac and cheese I will definitely add these two vegetables to it.What are ways you try to make your meals healthier?














Just shared this recipe with my hubby. It looks delicious!!
ReplyDeleteHa! I literally have Annie's pasta boiling in a pot RIGHT NOW! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteI really like this idea. We add little pieces of broccoli to ours.
Yum...that sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteMy 3 year old niece loves cooked macaroni, loves cheese sauce, and does not like them combined ... lol
ReplyDeleteHmm...sounds interesting. I'll have to try it. Sam doesn't like mac & cheese either, unless I make it from scratch and make it totally fattening (good ofr him, not good for me!).
ReplyDeleteI NEVER would have thought of this on my own. NEVER! But, it sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing, Heather!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, Heather.
ReplyDeleteWe make a lot of "green smoothies" around here. I use almond milk, a frozen banana, frozen berries and a nice big handful of Kale and ice and blend it up. The kids love it and can't even see the green because the berries hide it!! I'm so sneaky!!