Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Mountains

Tonight we had some good family time, in the truck, driving for about two hours total.
David had to deliver something to a station for his work that is about an hour away from us.
After dinner we all got in the truck and went on our way.


Brad brought his flower but it did not last long- after we got moving he promptly started picking the petals off and then started smelling the yellow part of the daisy. :)


I brought the camera because I knew there was some great scenery on the way.
David went the back way as opposed to using the highway system.
It was gorgeous.
Here are some over saturated photos for your viewing pleasure. :)



We came across a field full of sunflowers so David stopped and I got some pictures.
We are guessing that they harvest them for bird seed.



It was BEAUTIFUL!

I love the hills and mountains we drove by. This one particular hill (small mountain?) is very special to me because this is where my Grammy lived for a good chunk of my years growing up. She now lives somewhere else but I will always miss her house on the hill. Her road was at the base of this hill and went up the side and her house was on a huge hill/small mountain to the left and she had the best view!


Now these are some real mountains!
I LOVE mountains and am so very thankful I live near many of them.


Not a very good transition of photos but this is at our destination.
Can you guess as to why this little boy is crying?


And as to what he is looking at so seriously?


He was watching his Daddy work. He very much wanted to go right up to this big machine but Mommy held him back so he wouldn't get hurt.


Daddy took the big part out to leave here at this station.


When he was putting the machine away Brad ran after him a little. I thought it was really cute.

And then he was distracted by a plane in the sky.


We love our little boy!
I love all these things we do together. It is very rare that Brad and I stay home alone if David has to run errands. We usually all pile up in the truck and go everywhere together. And I love it!

6 comments:

  1. So cute, look at him running after his daddy!

    Love the sunflowers! What mountains would that be???

    BTW, I use a standard kit lens with zoom, 18-55. I do eventually want to get something better once I save my pennies! I also have a 50mm for blurry backgrounds and face shots. But really, I have no clue what I'm doing and NO formal training :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun evening! :)

    We like to accompany my husband whenever we can too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is so cute. looks like a great family night and those sunflowers are gorgeous! I love sunflowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you are able to find family time in even the littlest things! Those are some really great pictures. I especially love the last one of the sun flowers. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love sunflowers! And, I love that you get to do so much together as a family! That's surely something you'll never regret! ;)

    What great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails