Have you ever taken a photo that had an over exposed or "blah" sky?
I certainly have.
This photo I took while we were passing this barn going down the road. It's not a good picture but I wanted to play around with it in Photoshop.
I certainly have.
This photo I took while we were passing this barn going down the road. It's not a good picture but I wanted to play around with it in Photoshop.

I used a tutorial I had come across online a couple weeks ago. You can find that here.
I took this picture of a beautiful blue cloudy sky I took a while ago...

...and placed it on the barn photo.
Then I just boosted the color.
Not too bad for a drive-by photo that had no "wow" factor at all. Maybe it doesn't now but it does to me because I know what the before is. :-)
I downloaded Photoshop CS5 as a free trial for 30 days and have been enjoying it immensely. I will not buy it however, when my trial is up. I have Gimp, which is a free photo editing software that is similar to Photoshop. Using Photoshop and searching for the abundant Photoshop tutorials online has helped me understand Gimp better. And, just to make sure, I tried this trick in Gimp and it worked. :-)










Great job, Heather!!
ReplyDeleteI agree...Gimp and photoshop are so much alike..if you know how to use photoshop you can definitely learn Gimp or vice versa!!
That's awesome!! I'd love to know how you do all these wonderful editing tricks! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat tips! Thx
ReplyDeletewow, that's a great job you did!
ReplyDeleteWhat a huge difference! Excellent job!
ReplyDeleteso tricky! love it! :)
ReplyDelete