How is it possible that my baby boy is almost two years old?
In the past few weeks his vocabulary has exploded. It's so much fun to experience him growing up.
It amazes me how smart this little guy is, too.
A few weeks ago he surprised me.
He got into a storage box that was in the living room area. He grabbed a bag of pacifiers and such and took some out. He never really used a pacifier, maybe only the first month or two, but he was never into them and didn't want to keep one in. I did wish he would because I think it's so cute when babies have pacifiers.
Anyway, he grabbed a pacifier, showed it to me and said "baby" and then put it in his mouth.
In the past few weeks his vocabulary has exploded. It's so much fun to experience him growing up.
It amazes me how smart this little guy is, too.
A few weeks ago he surprised me.
He got into a storage box that was in the living room area. He grabbed a bag of pacifiers and such and took some out. He never really used a pacifier, maybe only the first month or two, but he was never into them and didn't want to keep one in. I did wish he would because I think it's so cute when babies have pacifiers.
Anyway, he grabbed a pacifier, showed it to me and said "baby" and then put it in his mouth.

I was shocked! I don't ever remember explaining to him that they are for babies and I have no idea where he picked it up from.
The only thing I can think of is he has seen the baby in the church nursery with one.

It's so cool to see what he has picked up and processed through his mind and now he can express that through words.
It really is amazing.
He didn't have the pacifier in his mouth for very long. I let him play with them and since then he has only put one in his mouth and walk around with it for a few minutes. He's probably just playing pretend or something or maybe just seeing what it is like since he never used one except for such a short period of time.I'll wash them up and put them back in the zip lock bag they were in for the next time they will need to be used. I won't expect them to be used though like I did with Brad. I guess not all babies want them- in my new mommy state, I just assumed they did.
So, my little baby boy isn't a baby anymore. No, he's really a toddler. I should write a post soon about him growing up. He certainly did a lot of that this past summer.










Nearly two is such a sweet stage...not a baby anymore, but still so little and sweet! :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet!! L-boy found a bottle the other day in a cupboard. He never used one. It was funny to see him walking around with it. He wanted some juice in it so I gave hims some. He was a "baby" for a few minutes! I can't believe how fast time flies!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie! You will be amazed how quickly the next two years fly by, and then they lose all of their baby ways for big boy ways. It's bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteI know! Isn't it crazy how fast it goes? He is such a little sweetie pie : ) I am totally impressed that he said "baby" about the pacifier. Impressive! He IS one smart little cookie...a cute one at that : ).
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Laura
Oh, he's always going to be his mama's baby boy!
ReplyDeleteWay cute with a nuk in his mouth! Too funny, Cubbie did the same thing today! Neither of mine ever used one either, but I still have a few laying around. It only lasted for about 30 seconds and then he threw it across the room!