Before and After is hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog. To see her edit and others, click on the button below.
Here is a picture of Brad wearing my uncle's denim jacket and hat.
I sat down in front of him to quickly get some pictures but I really should have taken my time and worked on composition.
And apparently, I need to work on focus, too.
I used Pioneer Woman's sharpen and define action in PSE9.
I cloned out the vacuum cord in Lightroom 3 (still need to learn PSE) and added round corners and the watermark.
I've been using PSE9 for some edits lately more than Lightroom because I read an article online (I can't remember where) that when files are edited in Lightroom it actually softens the photo and you loose some data.
In the article there were two examples of the same photo, one edited in Photoshop and the other in Lightroom. The woman's freckles and lines were blurred out in Lightroom when edited to black and white but were still defined when edited to black and white in Photoshop. The article then stated this was why professionals mainly use Photoshop. She then said that she uses Lightroom for her family photos but Photoshop when editing her client's photos.
I found it interesting and have been doing my own experiments to see if I can see a difference. I think I have seen a slight one when I look closely at the photos.
Anyway, there is my before and after....kind of boring but I just "fixed" the photo, didn't do anything fun.
I can't wait for Spring and to be able to capture more color outside. :-)
I can't wait for Spring and to be able to capture more color outside. :-)













What a cute little guy and a great photo! Your edit looks nice. If you want some help learning pse, I loved the class I took at jessicasprague.com last year. I think it was only $50 and I learned a lot.
ReplyDeleteThis is such a wonderful capture! Love his expression and how cute he is in the hat and jacket. And thank you for the info on Lightroom. It gets so confusing figuring out which program might be best, so the possibility of softening is good to know.
ReplyDeletebek
This is so stinkin' cute! The edit really makes everything pop more. Thanks for sharing about lightroom. I'm not crazy! I thought I could tell a difference!!
ReplyDeleteso cute. the edit is perfect! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the edit...so cute...
ReplyDeleteI think it came out cute! I love the color in his cheeks.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the cloning tool but I am not very good with it. I need to really practice.
SO cute! Isn't the cloning tool the best?!
ReplyDeleteThis is a super cute photo.
ReplyDeleteoh how adorable! great job with the clone tool
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute photo, I can understand just wanting to snap it because kids in the moment can be hard to capture and he is just adorable in this photo. The spot healing correction in PSE9 is actually very easy to use. I just learned how last night. I took Kim Klassen's free skinny mini e-course and it was part of the course. If you were to google it I am sure you it would be easy to find.
ReplyDeleteOh he's so adorable!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I'm still trying to figure out the cloning tool in PSE 8 myself. I just don't have the time to teach myself.
Thanks for all the tips on Lightroom. I never knew that. I was considering getting the trial version. If I do, I'll keep that in mind.
He is so dash cute!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd..I totally agree on Lightroom. I have always thought that about editing in lightroom. While I love the effect I've always thought that it makes the photos soft. I guess I'm not totally crazy. I just figured I didn't know what I was doig in LR!!
You always do such a nice job!
ReplyDeleteOH MY!!!!!!!!!!!! How cute does he look in the oversized clothing!?
ReplyDelete