
Naps are....
-A time for a tired little boy to recharge his batteries.
-Time for Mommy to recharge her batteries, too.
-When Mommy can turn her "mommy brain" off for a couple hours, knowing that her little boy is not getting "into something" and does not need constant attention."
-A time for peace and quiet.
-Naps are great for passing the afternoon away quickly for a little boy that wants to see his Dada...because when he wakes up Dada usually is getting home from work.
-Naps are also a time when Mommy ends up missing her little boy after a while of the peace and quiet. :-)
Today was a hard day to get him down for his nap. After over two hours of putting him back in his bed, then trying to lay down with him in my bed, he still wouldn't nap.
He needed it desperately so I went for a drive. He fell asleep 5 minutes into the drive (which I expected) and Mommy had some quiet time. It was lovely. Then, when we got home, I put him in his bed and there he still naps. Dada will be home soon and he will be a happy and refreshed little boy when he wakes up. :)
How do you go about "nap time" in your house?
Some days I wish we didn't have to waste a gorgeous day with one, which we didn't yesterday.










Oh the joy of naps! Felicity pulled a new one today. She came down stairs after about 5 minutes in bed and told me she had to poop. Which of course she did NOT have to do. haha Little stinker. She did take a glorious 2 hour nap after a couple minutes of complaining.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE nap times! It's the only time the house is quiet other than bed time.
ReplyDeleteOh that shot is so precious, I love the black and white too.
ReplyDeleteYes, I LOVE nap time! I just got my two down for the night and you are so right about being able to turn your brain off. I just try to remember that one day, our kids will be teenagers and we'll wish they were little again!
I miss nap time :( It was totally a recharge for everyone in our house!
ReplyDeleteAwww. Sweet photo. I can barely get Dustyn to nap lately, but when he does it is so nice and refreshing.
ReplyDeleteAw I'm so sorry you had a rough nap day! I just realized I might have sent the email with the giveaway details to a no-reply account. Could you email me and lye me know if you got that details email or not? Thanks! Simplyswarbrick . Gmail . Com (no spaces) :)
ReplyDeleteNaptime is golden...it's always tough when they don't want to go down, isn't it? :P
ReplyDeletePrecious picture! Naptime in my house consists of mommy-naps, because my kids are teenagers. :) But, that's okay...sometimes Mommy needs naps, too...still.
ReplyDeleteAddyson has never been a great napper, so they were always a time of stress for me. Someone would drop a paperclip and I'd freak out that she would wake. Yeah...that kind of stress.
ReplyDeleteColton is MUCH easier. Great napper. Addyson is napping every other day now, but only if I nap with her. So I suppose that's a bonus, because I actually do sleep.
LOVE this post. Sooo darling! LOVE your blog, too :)
ReplyDelete