Brad has been saying so many cute things lately. I don't want to forget so this post is dedicated to "the things he says."

When he is upset or just wants us to pick him up he says, "I take you, Mama" or "I take you, Dada." and he also says "Up."
If he has a boo-boo, he's usually not going to break out in tears but he will say "ooohhh, boo-boo." Sometimes he will even say "Oh, boo-boo, I need band aid and sauce."
Sauce means he wants the all-natural ointment I put on his cuts sometimes. I have no idea why he calls it sauce. :)
He also asks us to kiss his boo-boos.
When he is crying he will say "I crying, Mama (or Dada), I need tissue!"

When speaking in first person, Brad sometimes says "I" but mostly he says "my" or "mine."
For instance "My do it!" (he can be independent, which is good)
or "My take it."
When he wants something he says "I need that!" and if I say "no, Mommy needs this," he says, "Bradley needs it."

If he has trouble climbing up on my bed or something else he will say "I too heavy."
He is good at saying thank you and does say please fairly well.
It is especially cute when he is thanking us for something he really wants.
For instance, just recently when I told him I was going to stop and get some iced coffee he said "Oh, thank you so much!"

When he goes to bed at night he usually asks for me to hold his hand by saying "hand" and then he likes his back rubbed, too. I don't always do this, though.
When he asks for his back to be rubbed he says "den" meaning "again."
When I first started rubbing his back when he could first talk he would say "den" and put his hand towards his back to show me he didn't want me to stop rubbing it. :)
Of course my little boy says a lot of things but these are just some of the cute things that I can remember.











letting him play in that mud... what a great, fun mommy you are!! :) and brave! the pictures are just adorable and I'm sure he is so fun to hear when he talks :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I love these!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww, so cute! My Cubbie says, "G-in" when he wants his back rubbed too!
ReplyDeleteBet that was fun to clean up! Good for you for letting him make a mess and be a boy.
I agree that it is incredibly important to document the small everyday things especially speech patterns. I have to do this again for Nathan. He is beginning to talk like a young man. And is telling me exactly what he wants and doesn't want.
ReplyDeleteBrad's expressions are absolutely precious.