Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ty Is 6 Months Old!

I can't believe my baby boy is 6 months old and 19 1/2 pounds already!
He is a sweet baby and I just love him to pieces!

He can sit up by himself. He was doing this around 5 months old. At first it was mainly because he has a "wide base" and then I would prop him up, but then he could do it all by himself.


He was not rolling much but just yesterday he went from his back to his belly. He was going from belly to back before that.
He loves standing though, and when I try to sit him down he will lock his legs so he can stand.



He is very curious about his surroundings and loves trying to grab things, even Dada's beard.
This past month he has become more interested in his toes, too.

He doesn't sleep all through the night yet, he will get up maybe once, but Mama doesn't mind so much.
He is usually awake by 6:30, naps starting between 9-10 and then again at 1 or 2, with the morning nap being about two hours and the afternoon one longer, almost three hours.
His bedtime starts between 7:30-8:30.


A couple of weeks ago he started eating baby food.
Just some oatmeal, fruits, and vegetables.
Last night he tried some of my dinner for the first time, which was chicken and dumplings.
He seems to be taking after his brother in the food department.
He really could not care about it one way or the other.
I was hoping for a foodie, like myself!

Maybe some day he will appreciate it as this is only the beginning.

Tyler seems to be more of a "Mama and Dada's boy."
And, of course, he loves his brother.
But usually he likes his space from strangers, and even extended family members.
He will take a while to warm up to someone, and usually just wants Mama or Dada to hold him.
And, because he is with Mama all day, when Dada gets home he likes to be with him.


He's a happy baby; serious, but happy.
We were so glad when his two bottom teeth popped through when he was 5 months old.
More are coming in soon, we can tell, so hopefully they come fast because the poor little guy has some bad days because of it.


We are so glad our sweet Tyler is part of our family.
He is a blessing.
I love his little boy voice, and when he says "Uhhhh," and even when he sighs.
His giggles and laughter are not freely given, but when he laughs when he is tickled or finds some random thing we do funny, it is a joy to hear.
I can't wait to see what he will learn next and what his first words will be.
We love you, Tyler!


6 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot...love the new blog design! Did you do it yourself? Looks very contemporary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Heather!! I love the new look of your blog, it looks so professional!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails