I love getting surprises.
I know that some people don't like them, but I do.
I think it is fun and exciting.
My husband has always been good at giving me creative gifts.
I don't demand or expect this.
I would be happy with anything he gave me.
We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day.
Maybe just a card, one year he surprised me with a card and champagne and Kahlua on the dining room table for me to find when I woke up.
Sometimes I wish we made a bigger deal out of this holiday but really it is fine.
David takes such good care of me and the boys, and he gets us little surprises throughout the year.
So, because we don't celebrate this "Hallmark holiday," I wasn't expecting much, maybe just a card.
On Monday, the day before Valentine's Day, David gave me a card when he got home, but it had something else in it, this coupon:
I know that some people don't like them, but I do.
I think it is fun and exciting.
My husband has always been good at giving me creative gifts.
I don't demand or expect this.
I would be happy with anything he gave me.
We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day.
Maybe just a card, one year he surprised me with a card and champagne and Kahlua on the dining room table for me to find when I woke up.
Sometimes I wish we made a bigger deal out of this holiday but really it is fine.
David takes such good care of me and the boys, and he gets us little surprises throughout the year.
So, because we don't celebrate this "Hallmark holiday," I wasn't expecting much, maybe just a card.
On Monday, the day before Valentine's Day, David gave me a card when he got home, but it had something else in it, this coupon:
The first thing I noticed was that the date of expiration was for that day. I asked him about it and he said that I had to use my ticket that night. My mom and step-dad were coming over to watch the boys so we could go out!
We had two movie tickets to use that were given to us, and he took me to a fun burger joint in the mall before we saw the movie.
He also planned for us to see The Vow, which he knew I wanted to see.
Very thoughtful of him, especially since it was probably boring for him to watch. :)
I couldn't help from smiling almost the whole time, and it felt like a first date.
It had been so long since we had gone on a date, just the two of us.
Thank you so much, David, I was very surprised, and very excited to go on a date with you, and I will never forget it!
Oh, and see the bar code above the *I Love You*? That says "I Love You," too.
I didn't ask him yet how he did that, but he's a clever one!
We had two movie tickets to use that were given to us, and he took me to a fun burger joint in the mall before we saw the movie.
He also planned for us to see The Vow, which he knew I wanted to see.
Very thoughtful of him, especially since it was probably boring for him to watch. :)
I couldn't help from smiling almost the whole time, and it felt like a first date.
It had been so long since we had gone on a date, just the two of us.
Thank you so much, David, I was very surprised, and very excited to go on a date with you, and I will never forget it!
Oh, and see the bar code above the *I Love You*? That says "I Love You," too.
I didn't ask him yet how he did that, but he's a clever one!











What a great surprise. Hope you enjoyed your night out!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the bar code on his coupon. Clever and creative. :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Heather!! I really want to see that movie too!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet! I love the coupon complete with barcode! :)
ReplyDelete