Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tea Time

Having tea parties is not just for girls; boys can take part and have fun as well!
In October 2010 I attended the Relevant Conference (now Allume), and I was encouraged when I listened to Sally Clarkson speak.
She had fun raising (and still has fun with) her children, a
nd that included tea parties!
David and I had bought a tea set for Brad over a year ago and I am glad we finally got to officially use it.
We love that it is made of recycled materials, and made in the USA.
The only pink in the set is the pot, the rest of colors are blue, green and purple.
I had been wanting Brad to have a tea parties with his friends, so I was excited when, last week, my friend Lindsay suggested we have one.





Lindsay brought peppermint tea and biscotti.
I had tea biscuits and sugar cubes.








I think they were a little excited about the sugar cubes. ;)


They had fun pouring, dunking, and munching.




Both types of cookies were a big hit.





Here is Felicity going for the good stuff- chocolate.







I had a pretty table cloth to put on the table for them, please ignore the wrinkles. :)








And I used some of my favorite plates to serve the cookies.


I love doing things like this for Bradley.
Fun and new experiences are always good.
Maybe next time Lindsay and I can make things more "proper," and we can show them how to pull the chair out for Felicity (my mom's idea:), and serve each other.







After they had all the tea and cookies they wanted, they happily ran off to go play.





You can always tell how good a party was by the mess you have to clean up after.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I have a pretend tea set for Teagan that Nathan loves. He pretends it is coffee and hot chocolate. I can wait to set a pretty table and have a tea party for them and some of their friends. Love the photos, seriously adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and I agree the sugar cubes were the highlight of the party! :) More tea parties please!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails