Tonight my baby boy, who will be 10 months old in 4 days, woke up after about an hour of sleeping. I went and took him out of his crib and brought him downstairs, I didn't wait for him to cry, I just wanted to take care of him. My little boy doesn't need mommy as much as he used to. You see, when he was a tiny baby, it seemed that I was literally up all night with him. I never got too frustrated during that time, the only thing I wished was that sleep wasn't a necessity. I could handle taking care of him, but my body was just so darn tired sometimes, and sometimes it was hard to function. So tonight I brought him downstairs and he started to cough, it made me a little nervous because it seemed like a bad cough, but he stopped right away. A few minutes after we were downstairs my husband came home from a funeral he attended. My little boy was happy to see Daddy of course and got all smiley and squealed with excitement. Daddy had been working since Monday and had just gotten home earlier that evening so the little boy hadn't had too much time with him. After he hugged Daddy, he wanted to nurse. So, I nursed him and then he fell asleep in my arms. I am a very sentimental person, so, it made me miss the "old days" when he was up late with me, sleeping, eating, sleeping and eating. My little boy is growing up, in a couple months he will be a year old. Now he is sleeping soundly and I can't wait until morning when I see him in the monitor standing up in his crib, facing the door, waiting for mommy to come and get him. Goodnight sweet little boy, Mommy loves you so much.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Aw Heather. That is a very nice blog. Almost made me cry. lol They grow up tooo fast.
ReplyDeleteLove this! Felicity just started sleeping till 7 and I really miss snuggling with her in bed :( Wes will be 3 tomorrow!! I miss his baby days!
ReplyDelete