Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The waiting game

It is almost 1AM and I am still awake, "Why?" you may ask, well, I am sick! I suppose staying up a late a few nights a week more than a few nights a week is normal for me; typically I am up surfing the Internet, checking e-mails and reading blogs, oh and cleaning, too. I usually feel guilt free doing absolutely nothing after 8PM or 9PM at night. But then, another guilt sets in- "I'm not getting enough sleep and I won't be able to function very well the next morning." To make myself feel better I'll say "well, I've cleaned up so in the morning I will have nothing to do except entertain my little boy and feed him breakfast." Unfortunately when morning comes I just want to lay on the couch because I'm so exhausted and then I let him entertain himself by "reading" his books or playing quietly with his toys on the living room floor(which he does so nicely!). I really do need to work better on this area of my life; I need to get to bed at a decent hour every night so I can be the best mother, wife and housekeeper I can be!
But, tonight I am not up just because I'm surfing the Internet, checking e-mails, reading (or writing) blogs, or cleaning; I'm up because I am sick. I have a stuffed up nose and when I have to breath out of my mouth I cannot sleep very well. So, I thought I'd spare myself the frustration of going to bed at a decent hour when I am not quite exhausted yet and I'd spare my husband the frustration of a tossing and turning wife that is sniffing- I am staying downstairs until I am so exhausted, sleep will come easily once I hit my pillow, stuffed up nose or no stuffed up nose! Normally being sick would not be "blog post worthy" to me, but, this hasn't been a normal sickness for me. It started Wednesday with a persistent, post-nasal drip cough. Thursday morning I went to work at 9 and started to feel sick, I had an achy feeling from my waist down, a headache, a general "icky" feeling and I had the chills. I basically looked and felt really bad so my boss suggested I go home if I needed. Well, I picked up my son at my mom's and when I eventually got home later I took my temperature and it was 101.6. I called my doctor's office and while I waited for her to call back I took two Extra Strength Tylenol. That was around 4:30. When my doctor did call back I was actually feeling better (but I just figured I'd feel worse again once the Tylenol wore off). Well, much to my surprise, the fever never came back and my headache and aches and general "icky" feeling stayed away also. Hooray! I hopefully did not have the regular flu or H1N1!! Friday, I called my doctor to let her know that the flu-like symptoms were gone, I just had a cough and mucous and had to clear my throat every now and then. Saturday, still have the same cough, except now my nose is stuffed and I have a runny nose. This means I am constantly blowing my nose and washing my hands and I have to breath out of my mouth! Well, at least it is not the flu! There is one other matter though in all of this that has me worried; I really hope and pray that my little boy does not get this sickness, whatever it is. When I had a cold back in September, he started his cold at the tail end of mine when I was feeling better. So, I am afraid that he will catch this sickness too, except this is a little worse than that other cold we had. Also, there is a part of me that still worries this is H1N1. I had read an article on AOL news written by one of their reporters whose whole family has had H1N1 and their symptoms seem very similar to mine. I originally didn't think that if you had a runny or stuffed up nose that you had the flu, but apparently that is a symptom of H1N1. So, while I was at first relieved that flu-like symptoms were gone, I am a little concerned that this might still be H1N1. If I didn't have a 10 month old baby boy, this would not concern me. However, I would be very concerned if he contracted the virus because I have been hearing more stories of children who have seemingly no underlying condition that have contracted this virus and died. Well, I will just keep praying that God will protect my little boy and I will continue thank Him that whatever sickness I do have, it is not too severe. I will wait this sickness out and I look forward to getting better so I can give my little boy a big kiss on the cheek!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails