Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Thursday, November 19, 2009

First photo shoot

Recently my husband and I purchased a DSLR camera. Owning a DSLR was something we had always talked and dreamed about, but never seriously researched. That changed, however when a good friend of mine, Lindsay, purchased a DSLR and I saw firsthand the wonderfully crisp and clear photographs you can take with one! Our camera came in the mail on Monday and we have been having so much fun getting to know our camera the past few days. I have been trying to understand aperture, shutter speed and exposure, and I finally can practice what I have been reading! These photos are taken at my husband's grandparent's 200 year old farmhouse.
My husband wanted me to take photographs for his grandfather and put them on a digital photo frame. His grandpa will be in the hospital for a couple weeks, recovering from a stroke. So, here is my first time shooting at a location with my camera. Some of these pictures are taken on Automatic mode, some on Av or aperture priority and some are taken on Manual mode. All are taken with a 50mm prime f/1.8 II lens (highly recommended). I would love constructive criticism. I am new at this and I love helpful hints!
Green house

Barn

Inside the house


A beer stein his grandfather brought home from Germany after WWII




My little boy was very interested in it......

but Mommy took it away because she didn't want him to break it.


My determined little boy

Happy baby



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails