Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Just having fun

Cooking is a fun, creative outlet for me and since I got a new camera I decided to take pictures of a new recipe I wanted to try- Pioneer Woman's "Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes." I made it on my husband's bowling night. It was the perfect night to make it because he is a picky eater, so on Tuesday I just cook for my little boy and I. So, here is my attempt to have fun and be creative with my camera (please excuse the bad lighting of my kitchen:)



Chop up an onion and a clove of garlic. (The lighting is horrible in the garlic picture.)



I used linguine instead of spaghetti. I am in no way endorsing Barilla, I just happened to buy this. Here are the other ingredients you will need:

Get your pan hot and add equal parts olive oil and butter. (tip- I usually add olive oil to butter in a skillet anyways, it keeps the butter from burning as fast.)

Sautee the onions and garlic for a couple of minutes.

Then add the tomatoes and artichokes.


Get your cheese ready- lots of good Parmesan cheese!! That will be tossed with the linguine.


Then to finish up I just added milk (I didn't have any cream) and chicken stock. That photo didn't look too pretty...so here is the final product in my bowl. :)

Mommy's dish and baby's dish.


My little boy loved this dish, he did, really. Don't be fooled by his serious face, he likes to do that. :)

This was a lot of fun for me, I hope to get better at taking pictures. Next time I take pictures in my kitchen I will do it during daylight hours so I have better lighting. Maybe the next recipe I try will be Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Leche Flan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails