Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

Christmas Gatherings
This year was my baby boy's second Christmas but really it felt like his first. Last year, he just was a 2 week old baby, sitting in his baby papasan seat while mommy and daddy opened presents.
This year, however, he was able to walk, babble/talk, interact and play with other family members. My husband and I had a lot of fun getting ready for Brad's "first" Christmas.

Here he is Christmas Eve in the afternoon, being a cutie, and interacting with his Papa. He had a lot of fun with my dad, his wife, and my brothers.

My brother thought it would be funny to put ear muffs (for protecting their ears from the noise of shooting guns- at clay pigeons, or just target practice) on Brad. He wanted them off after this picture. :)
He was starting to get tired. And he stole one of my dad's presents- all-natural veggie wash.
Next was Christmas Eve for dinner at my mom's house. My Grammy, G-G to Brad, gave him a Thomas the Tank Engine toy.

My mom got him an Elmo chair that she found on Ebay. We knew he would like it because when I clean my great aunt's house, he plays with the one there she has for her grandkids.
By the end of the night he was a tired boy, so we didn't go to Christmas Eve service.Christmas morning was fun. We weren't sure how he would be opening presents because at his birthday party he didn't seem to care much. I think it helped that he got an idea about presents from his birthday because he actually seemed to do better on Christmas.
Here he is opening a farm tent/tube thing we got him.
This is a Leap Frog magnetic alphabet set that we got for free from Pampers. We collect Pampers points when we buy diapers and wipes so I had enough to "cash in" to get this.
My little boy is so cute; he helped put an "ornament" on the tree. Can you guess which one? Nope, not the real ornament on the right, he put the ornament box on the tree on the left! I thought it was pretty smart that a one year old got the idea of putting things on the tree. I'm a proud mommy, though. :)
Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go.
Here is a picture of my little boy in the car on the way to my mom's house. We only opened our stockings Christmas Eve. Brad got his big present then; she had books and clothes for him Christmas day.
I was very excited about the Pioneer Woman's cookbook. Yes, this is the third post I've written about it! Yes, I'm wearing pajamas; they are comfortable!
My husband opening a shake mixer.
My mom got me a new jacket, and a gift certificate to Panera Bread. My dad got me a gift certificate to Panera Bread, too. I am very excited about those and I feel thankful because eating out is something I enjoy but I don't always want to (or I should say my husband doesn't want me to) spend money on. :-)
My little boy "talks" on phones and cell phones whenever he can! Oh, and he was wearing his pajamas still, too!
Christmas dinner at the in-law's. My baby boy was tired out.
He got a drum (there is another drum stick, he must have dropped it).
Tired baby. It probably wasn't a good idea to have him drink orange juice, water would have been better, oh well. :)
Back home; Christmas night.

Tired baby having some quite time with Mommy looking at the ornaments.
He had a blessed second Christmas with family. We are very thankful that we spent time with all of our family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming over to my blog! By the way, we were all in our pajamas for most of Christmas Day too. Until we had to get ready to go over to my grandma's for dinner! Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed in my pj's the entire day Christmas Day too. Even on the ride home from AL to MS. There's no shame in that is there?

    The pictures of Brad in his hat and then the last one of you and him are too sweet and I love the one with him wearing his drums. Bailey would be trying to stand up on them or something.

    Ya'll were super busy but I'm glad to hear it was a good one! I didn't think too much about this being Bailey's 2nd Christmas, but this post of your's got me to thinking. I mean, I remembered it to the point that I knew I couldn't buy anything that said "my first Christmas" or "baby's first" but I just didn't dwell too much on it I don't guess. It's amazing how much they grow in one year's time isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails