.....the moon and the moon sees me. God bless the moon and God bless me!
Last night was the Wolf Moon, meaning the moon appeared the closest it will this year. My husband wanted to take some pictures of said moon.
Here is the first attempt. He went out and just started snapping away; no tripod and the camera was set on automatic, no-flash.
I sharpened it and adjusted it to "Strong contrast" in Lightroom.

Well, after that failed attempt I searched online- "How to take pictures of the moon" and that gave us some good guidelines. So, I helped him set the camera in the Manual mode to the settings that were suggested and he grabbed the tripod and out he went. The results were still not fabulous. We probably need a longer zoom lens. Ours was set at 250mm which is the longest it goes.
Oh, and notice how different it looks from the first photo? Well, it had moved up in the sky quite a bit by then and it was darker outside.

I even tried free-hand through the window, and then, free-hand outside. I cropped my photo, sharpened and did "Cold tone" -that is why it is blue. :-)

Brrr, it was cold and windy! After many attempts I figured that was as good as it was going to get. We had fun trying, though! :-)











I think all 3 look great!
ReplyDeleteI like the first picture. I tried taking pics too but it didn't work at all.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that is so cool! I am going to have to do a search online now. I tried too but could not even get my camera to take the picture. I have a digital SLR camera, but with the standard zoom lense it came with.
ReplyDeleteI love them! Great job. :-) I was going to try but it was too cloudy by the time I got around to it.
ReplyDeleteI think you did fantastic!! I love the detail in the moon that can be seen in the second!
ReplyDeleteok Heather....the 2nd one is what I was trying to get. A picture of the moon with the detail on it. I better get googling. The moon is HUGE right now.
ReplyDelete