Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Kitchen After Cleanup

The organization I wanted to do in my kitchen is finished! Fortunately, my little boy stayed asleep when I transferred him from the car to his crib and he took a nap until almost 4:30.
Here are the after pictures:

My Le Creuset pot will have to stay out for now. I have yet to find room in the cabinets. At least it is pretty.


I have to keep this wooden cutting board up, it is too big to fit in a cabinet!


This is the corner that was most troublesome! I put the bread in the bread box drawer(I actually had one and never used it!). I put K-cups for the coffee maker in my canisters (yes, they are old(Sears and Roebuck 1977) and maybe not so attractive, but they were canisters my mom used when she was first married and I didn't have any new ones. And, funny story- my friend Lindsay found a spice cabinet that I have in my kitchen (dang I don't have a picture) but it happens to match these canisters and it is Sears and Roebuck 1976! It was really weird how that worked out). Anyway, long story short, those will not be permanent, they are just for now. But, mark my words- new house, new kitchen- NEW CANISTERS (or none). :-)

I cleaned off my fridge and took down a lot of magnets. It still looks cluttered, maybe I'll eliminate more.


This is my work area. I am keeping my Kitchen Aid and Keurig coffee maker here because that is most convenient.

This corner used to be piled with Cd's and was very dusty.


This is my change jar. I just tied some fabric around a mason jar to conceal the change a little and make it more pretty.


This is not an after picture. This is what the tops of my cabinets look like. I am not very good at decorating and I need help! The baskets I made in a class(one is actually a very useful pie basket) and then I have a glass pitcher with flowers on it, a metal church, a duck, old coke bottles and some lanterns. Really, when I moved in almost 5 years ago I was a young, new homemaker and I just put stuff up that we had. So, this definitely needs to be revamped at some point. Any suggestions? I'm not a good decorator and I need help making my kitchen look more homey!


5 comments:

  1. I love Pier One for decorations above cabinets. Super cool stuff there. I think the pictures look great! Wish I could say the same for my house right now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation, Heather! Target has some clear glass lidded jars for flour, sugar...They're the Anchor Hocking brand and a fraction of the price that they are at Crate and Barrel (same jars). I used to have stuff above my cabinets in another house and I loved it. In our new house, I haven't put anything up and I kind of like it. I'd pick a theme and start picking up things that work in that theme at flea markets, thrift sales, etc. Maybe crocks or baskets or some kind of pottery. Just a suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a marvelous job! Very inspiring.

    As for Chick-Fil-A...I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but I'm pretty sure the "Fil-A" part is a play on the word "filet." That's how you pronounce it, so I'm assuming that's the reason! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen is so cute! I love it. Keeping my kitchen clean is something I struggle with big-time. P.S. The coin jar is adorable- I might do something like that too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails