Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Girl Meets Boy


I'm joining in on Mama M.'s Valentines blog hop:



For the first day of this blog hop I am going to share the story of how David and I met.

David and I met a little over 6 years ago. We were introduced by mutual friends. My friend Lindsay was dating Matt (who is now her husband) and Matt was friends with David. They are country guys so it was only fitting that our first time meeting was at a farm. Matt and Lindsay planned a fun night of friends getting together at Matt's parent's farm. The guys played a little pool in a shed and then we went back in the woods via ATV (the girls got to use the ATV- guys walked) and had a bon-fire, beside a pond. It was a fun night. We were both a little shy and didn't say much to each other but I knew that I wanted to see him and hang out again.
After that first meeting we would do more things with Matt and Lindsay such as: going to Six Flags, country line dancing, four wheeling once, and hanging out.


After getting to know each other for a few months, David asked me to officially be his girlfriend on December 1st.

This photo was taken either while we were dating, or engaged. We had bought a black and white disposable camera. I cropped it a little.


Then, 6 months later (exactly- on purpose) on June 1st, he asked me to marry him. We were married 10 months later in April. I can't believe it has only been a little over 6 years since we first met and almost 5 years since we were first married. Sometimes it seems so long ago but really it was not. Even though we sometimes clash because of our differences, really, God made us for each other. It's our differences that balance us out. Right, honey? I love you, David!

8 comments:

  1. Aww, so sweet! I love the photo of you two! I love reading love stories. So neat. Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazed at all the different love stories I'm reading. It is awesome how God brings people together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Great picture. I agree, differences balance us out! How boring if we were all vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this! And it sounds like you all know how to have a good time together--which is so very important, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story! You have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... what a great story! I love to hear how people met! :) Nothing like having fun on the farm, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that photo of y'all! =) my husband and I are also opposites... we compliment each other ... 'most of the time' hee hee! I am enjoying MamaM.s love blog hop! but I am actually following from Pennie's blog!
    Just Jenn~ www.seizingmyday.com

    google connect will not direct you to my blog correctly!! (yet) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails