
Before and After is a fun photo editing blog hop hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect. To see her edit and others, click here.
This is a photo of Brad in my winter boots. I thought there was too much orange and red in the photos, so.....

...when I wrote a blog post about it here, I edited the photos in black and white.
My mom saw the photos and said that the edit did not work because the boots were too dark. Looking at them after she said that, I could see what she meant. So.....
My mom saw the photos and said that the edit did not work because the boots were too dark. Looking at them after she said that, I could see what she meant. So.....

....I fixed it. :) I used Lightroom Beta 3 (ahhh, I'll have to delete it soon, April is almost here!) and used the "Aged Photo" preset. Brad's face was a little washed out so I slid the exposure down and recovery up.
However, the boots were still a little dark, but I didn't want to brighten the photo because then his face would be too bright. So, I used the Graduated Filter and just brightened up the boots! Pretty cool. Technology is so fun. :)












Oh his hair cut makes him look like a big boy! Good edit. :-)
ReplyDeletehope your mom likes the last one, i think it's great!
ReplyDeleteI really like the way you lightened this photo. I'm still learning the ropes and this is a great trick!
ReplyDeleteHow on earth do you already know how to do all this stuff? Have you read/watched tutorials about it?
ReplyDeleteAZMama- I was just playing around with it but I do want to watch some tutorials. Sami has told me they are on YouTube. I just played around with the graduated filter one day (It's a button below the histogram on the right) and I don't have it all figured out but I did happen to one day figure out I could rotate it, so that's how I was able to keep his face from being lightened. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, what a cutie pie! Love the jammies! Good job with the edit.
ReplyDeleteI'm typically a fan of color, but I think this edit was just right. Super cute!
ReplyDeleteHe really is way too cute. Love the boots. I love what you did with the picture too.
ReplyDeleteWhy will you have to delete Lightroom?
ReplyDeleteLove the subject matter... too cute and really love the old style coloring. Adorable!!
ReplyDeletei love it! i like the b&w too, but i do see what you mean. cute shot!!
ReplyDeleteI just stopped over from the blog hop. He is such a cutie! I love the final edit- you really needed to be able to see those boots! :)
ReplyDeleteMichelle
http:///www.justanotherbloggingmommy.com
I will have to delete Lightroom because it is Beta 3 and the full version comes out in April. Adobe said that unless we were going to buy the full version everyone that downloaded the Beta version will have to delete it then.
ReplyDeleteYAY! You joined in! Love the shot and the edit!!
ReplyDeleteMonica
I love his sweet face. You certainly can see his boots much better. Cute!
ReplyDelete