Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dinner With The Bestie

Tonight my best buddy, Jenny, took me out for dinner. We hadn't had a girl's night out since November so we were due for one.
Here's Jenny-
She just recently became an RN. I'm so proud of her!


Jenny and I have known each other since we were about 9 months old. She is one month younger than me so we're very close in age.
We grew up in the same church (and both still go there- Jenny and her husband, Joe, are in charge of the music- she's a stellar piano player and he plays drums and the violin), and for 13 years lived about a mile down the road from each other. And, we also went to the same private school so we endured 12 years together(she started school a year after me) of driving the school bus 35 minutes....some years an hour (depending if there were kids that had to be dropped off at other schools) to school.

We went to the Macaroni Grill.
The Italian food is really good there, for a chain restaurant anyway. It's more authentic I think than Olive Garden.


Even though it was a Saturday night and crowded, we only had about a 10 minute wait.
Boring shots here- I was too shy with people just through the doors when we were in the waiting area.
I'm not too comfortable yet getting random photographs with people around.


Jenny did a good job with composition.
At least I think so.
This is my BIG smile, where my upper gums show a lot. :-)
Inside the lighting was dimmer.
This is our dinner, but we also had frozen margaritas. They were pretty good. I liked the salt on the rim with the sweet drink.

Jenny ordered Chicken Parmigiana.


The bread was VERY good!
Tip- in the olive oil and pepper, put some salt in, it really enhances the flavor!

I forgot the name of my dish but it was cheese stuffed pasta.
It was really good but I had a LOT of cheese.

We had a fun night. Thank you Jenny for taking me out for a girls night out.

7 comments:

  1. I have never been there. Might have to make a date with Matt and go there now. :) Looks like you guys had a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend!
    Sounds like you had a great time. I love Girls' Night Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special friend to have since babyhood! I think it is rare to have that!?? maybe it is just because I have moved a lot in my life!?!
    Love a good girls night out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks so good! You are much braver than I am, I still get uncomfortable taking my camera with me everywhere....I need to get over that fear, huh??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now I'm hungry!! I love macaroni grill and what better way to spend the evening then with such a wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you two had fun! And, you're so silly...your "big smile" is lovely! And the food shots...let's just say I'm STARVING NOW. Seriously, though - you are really good at food shots. You should be applying at some magazine or something. I'm still figuring out my camera. I'll get there someday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the photography links - I've bookmarked them and plan to use them - they look great. I really appreciate it. You're a great bloggy friend, Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails