Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Need to Breathe

I realized after typing the title to this post that some people may think it's about the music group.
Well, it is not.
This post is about me needing to organize.
I need to be able to breathe in my own home!There is so much organization needed it overwhelms me. I'm the type of person that would LOVE to be able to sit and do all the things I want to do.
I need to organize my closet and finish making curtains for my dining room. I want to make another table cloth for my table and do other crafty things.
My problem is, when I think about what I want to do, it just seems so overwhelming to me. I literally think of how long it will take and that I will probably fail anyway so there is no point in starting. It is horrible to think this way, I know.
I have been trying to train myself to think positively.
Like, when I start to clean my house, instead of jumping around every few minutes from room to room, I try to tell myself to finish the task I started.
That is so hard for me. My mind is running 100mph and I try to do ALL my tasks at ONCE.
Which of course, is impossible. So then I give up.
I would say that high on my priority list for tomorrow is to clear my dining room table-
Exhibit Aand get organized for Easter(grocery list and get outfits ready, all the while trying to remember with thankfulness what Christ did for me) and get Brad's basket ready-
Exhibit B
Apparently he thinks it's a "junk" basket for all the clutter. :-) Really, it's just side walk chalk I was letting him play with and some picture nails I just bought that were in a package on the table.
Maybe in the morning tomorrow I can get some organizing done. I'll have to remind myself that it is okay if I don't finish before work.
Brad and I are usually out of the house at little after 10. So, I do have time to clean and start to organize but probably not enough time to finish my closet.
I should start it anyway. It NEEDS to be done. For my sanity.
Then, after work I am going to the mall with Brad to go clothes shopping for myself. It is much needed. I wear the same 3 outfits all the time.
Then home, dinner, clean up, bath for Brad....and I should do more organizing or work on sewing projects, or organize the photos in my computer.
*sigh*
So, if you have managed to read through this boring drivel, just pray for me tomorrow (Wednesday), if you think of it.
I'm tired of being tired of the disorganization and I need to breathe!

4 comments:

  1. I'll say a prayer for you! I am the same way, and at times I feel so overwhelmed by it. Some people have a junk drawer, and I have a junk house. Not literally of course...but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, my faithful prayer partner, I will most definitely pray for you! You sound like you have quite a bit on your plate, and I am the same way - especially with Easter coming up - getting everything ready, and everyone ready! You hang in there and focus on one thing at a time. I'll do my part and pray for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather... I feel the SAME way today! Uggg. It is a very overwhelming feeling. But then I remembered... I didn't have my time with the Lord yet.

    Off to do that first...

    Hugs and praying for you!

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Heather. I hope your day was super and calm and ORGANIZED! Really I do. I pray that God gave you clarity of thought today as you went about your tasks (and that you found some really great outfits!). {grin}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails