We have had the snow storm to remember! It started Tuesday night and didn't stop until Sunday.
The birds had a little trouble finding the cracked corn that was buried under the snow.
The birds had a little trouble finding the cracked corn that was buried under the snow.
Thursday evening we lost power before I could get the pizza in the oven. I had to wait until David hooked the generator up to the house.
Our generator is not big enough to have the water pump on while the furnace and other electrical appliances are running, so I didn't have water. I brought snow in to melt until my husband brought some water home.Brad had fun playing with it.

Of course the kitty was very interested in the snow.
After I picked it up the best I could, he licked the wet, melted snow off the carpet. Cats are strange; they love to find their own water and typically will choose other water over their water dish.



He LOVED watching the snow blower. :)



I forgot why he was crying here. I think it had something to do with opening the door and his foot was in the way.


David has a dome tarp building at his parent's house, actually on his grandparent's property, that has tractors and campers in it.
His parent's RV and his John Deere tractor had most of the caved in roof resting on it.
The steering wheel was bent down and it will need a new steering wheel shaft and steering wheel.In this picture you can see the metal framing from the building on the tractor.
Yesterday my husband, his dad and brother shoveled it out and he said the roof lifted about 6 inches after that.
I am thankful that no one was hurt. There have been barns and other buildings that have collapsed in our area. In some cases, cows have died that were in the barns at the time.
This was definitely a snow storm to remember. David probably had to snow blow the driveway 5 or 6 times (he only plowed a little as the ground was too soft to plow). David also shoveled our roof 3 times, just to be safe. We have an older house and it could use a new roof so it was probably best he shoveled it. :)
We are certainly glad it is over and we were safe. I don't mind the snow but having it snow for 5 days in a row is a lot, especially for David.
How much snow did you get?


















Hey Heather! I have a award on my blog for you if you want it! I've really enjoyed following your blog.
ReplyDeleteHeather your boots are so tiny!
ReplyDeleteThat is just crazy! I can't imagine living somewhere like that. I love his little snow clothes.
ReplyDelete