I just finished cleaning my kitchen, straightening up the dining room and getting rid of papers, cleaning up the living room and vacuuming and I have a load of laundry in the wash. I really feel like I need to work on my house keeping. My house is very unorganized and needs attention.
Blogging is a lot of fun, though, and so is editing photos. Both of those things take a lot of my time. Time away from my family and house keeping.
Something else has been on my mind a lot, too. Layla Grace. I am so heart sick for her and her family. She is battling cancer and her parents put up a new blog post today and she is so terribly weak. She is a little over 2 and it makes me sick because I have Brad and I can only imagine how sick I would be if he was going through the same thing. Please pray with me for this family. You can be updated on twitter here. And also, check for updates on their blog here.

This picture was taken from their Flickr site. You can see other favorites of Layla by clicking here. There was a day on Facebook where everyone was encouraged to copy and paste their favorite photo from the Flickr site and make it their profile picture to be reminded to pray for her. I wasn't online that day and never got around to it but I'm using a picture here.
Please pray for this sweet little girl. I cannot imagine what her family is going through. It is so heart wrenching. The encouraging news is that they have faith in Jesus Christ and believe that good will come out of this. Their faith is strengthened and sweet Layla is bringing people closer to God. She is even helping mothers and fathers realize that time is precious and it is important to cherish the fleeting moments they have with their children.
I know this is true for me. I try not to take my time with Brad for granted and I hope and pray that I continue to be the best mom I can to him. I was cleaning up the messy living room tonight from all his toys and books and I was thanking God that I have a healthy little boy that can make so much of a mess.
So, please pray for Layla and her family.










Heather, her story breaks my heart in two. I've cried over what they have had to endure....and continue to endure. It just seems so unfair. I can't say I will ever understand why those things happen. I don't even know what to pray for when it comes to that. I pray for peace in their hearts, but that is so little. I pray for her suffering to end, but that means her time here will be over. I find myself short of breath when I really start to think about it all. As mothers, it is truly our worst nightmare.
ReplyDeleteThank for joining in my What's In The Bible giveaway. You have a very sweet blog here! Glad to meet you! Your above post was a very thoughtful one...sometimes we get caught up in life and forget to just pray and sit and enjoy.
ReplyDelete