Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Camera Strap

On Sunday, my mom made this for me:


I am challenged in the area of sewing so I asked her if she could "help" me make this. Well, helping me really means, could you please do it for me.
When Brad was napping on Sunday (and David was too) I went to my mom's.


Oh how I would love to be able to just sit down to the sewing machine and make such wonderful creations.
Well, I have, but it was a very long and tedious process.


I have made two tab curtains for my dining room. That was over two years ago and I still have to make the other two. However, I have forgotten exactly how I did that. I have the measurements and the pattern, but I had to alter the pattern for the fabric I had (I didn't have enough yardage- I bought it on clearance, all they had left). So, that project is left undone.


I am so thankful that my mom can do things like this easily.
When I was watching her work and helping with the easy tasks, I was fretting that the fabric wasn't lined up exactly or that it wouldn't fit. That is how my mind works. I need to just relax and go with the flow. :-)


I am so excited now that I have nice, cushioned fabric to lay against my neck instead of the rubber from the one side of the camera strap.
Thank you, Mom!
Upadate- I forgot to mention that I first saw this strap on Julie's blog and that she had gotten the pattern from this site.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have a whole bunch of sewing projects that I need to finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're one up on me. I can't sew AT ALL! Cute strap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, I love my camera strap. Unfortunately I had to BUY one...no sewing machine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, no more strap digging!! Isn't it lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute... :) now I just need a camera like that so I can have a cute strap cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, "help me" is a code word for "sew it for me, mom" in my house, too! My mom is currently making me a camera strap cover as well. It will be ready 3 years from now in her typical fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty and fun "summery" fabric!! I KNOW it will feel loads better on your neck. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had some craftiness to me too! Your curtain thing sounds so like something I would do.

    Oh, and I was the winner of that lovely strap of Julie's...so I am not deprived ;)

    Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh - and such a pretty camera strap!!! Aren't sewing moms great? My mom is a sewing whiz, too...and I am not. :) Thank God for talented moms like ours, who love to spoil us!

    I now have a project for my mommy....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice!! I wish I knew someone who could sew to make me one. My mom sews as well as I do.. which is not well at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails