Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Before and After


Before and After is a photo editing blog hop hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog. Click on the button above to see her edit and others.

This picture was taken last week of Bradley running down the hill to the pasture at my mom's house. He just wanted to keep going down, down, down the hill. :-)
I really love this photo and the movement it shows.
The first photo is straight out of the camera.
It is a little overexposed and I wish the colors were richer.


Here is the photo edited with MckMama's Lightroom edit.
I did adjust the hue of the blue to my taste and I did not saturate with magenta as much as she did. Also, instead of increasing exposure, I obviously had to decrease.
I think I could have decreased the exposure further and played around with it a little more.


I wasn't wowed with this edit, for this particular photo, so I did another edit.
I used the Autumn preset from Preset Heaven. I love the warmth of that edit. I did adjust it a little- the exposure, a little more warmth and the clarity.



Here is that same edit again, just cropped.

Which edit is your favorite?

16 comments:

  1. Ah, I can't decide. Probably the second edit. But he is just so cute. It's hard to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the second one. But I like it best because I think it's a great shot to begin with, and the second one just gives it a little umph without detracting from it.

    I agree with Julie though...I've said it before, and I'll say it again...he is a CUTIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the last - it looks just perfect! He is adorable!!! I always love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last cropped edit best. He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I like them all!!! Great edits and adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Autumn preset one! He is so sweet. Great edit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last one is my favorite! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so cute that it is hard to pick a favorite. I love the edits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am addicted to Lightroom presets...but have also found that I might have to make a small adjustment to it....to fit my own picture.
    {example} sometimes their vingette is too much for my photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Humm... I think I like the second edit! They're all adorable... and so is he! I just started playing around with LR. I really like it but I just don't know exactly what to do with it yet. :) I'll get there one day! Hah...
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I like the first edit. What a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i agree - i like the last one best! such a cute photo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the last edit! What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the second one with the much brighter and vibrant colours! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the crop from the last one, I really like the second one but I also like the vignette effect of the first, I'd combine them all!! :) If I had to pick just one I'd choose the last.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a stinken cutie... I think my favorite is the first one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails