One of my dream lenses is a macro lens. I just love seeing pictures of God's creation captured VERY closely!
So when Christina from Pooh's Corner told me there were macro filters, I checked it out. I found a set of four for $15. That's a lot cheaper than a macro lens. :-) They came in today, earlier than I expected, and I tried them out right away!
I was pleasantly surprised to see these flowers in my flower garden.
I planted them last year. I am not very good at starting flowers from seed and I bought these at a local greenhouse.
The fact that a few came back this year means less I have to buy this year!
(I actually hope to start some from seed and avoid buying flowers altogether!)
The photos on the left are taken with my 50mm lens. This was the closest I could get to the flowers with being able to focus on them.
The pictures on the right are with 10x magnification filter. I am so amazed I could get so close to the flowers!
I have to work on the focus when I shoot so close. Probably next time I will try manually focusing as opposed to letting the camera focus automatically.
I can't wait to take more magnified photos. This has opened up a whole other world of photography for me. I just need to work on the focusing. :-)
Oh, and if anyone can please tell me how to get my picture side-by-side and still be centered in my post, I would appreciate that! I found a tutorial on how to put them in my post this way but they did not give instructions on how to center. I played around with them for 15 minutes or so and I tried to get them bigger and more centered.
Thanks!
I was pleasantly surprised to see these flowers in my flower garden.
I planted them last year. I am not very good at starting flowers from seed and I bought these at a local greenhouse.
The fact that a few came back this year means less I have to buy this year!
(I actually hope to start some from seed and avoid buying flowers altogether!)
The photos on the left are taken with my 50mm lens. This was the closest I could get to the flowers with being able to focus on them.
The pictures on the right are with 10x magnification filter. I am so amazed I could get so close to the flowers!
| |
I have to work on the focus when I shoot so close. Probably next time I will try manually focusing as opposed to letting the camera focus automatically.
| |
I can't wait to take more magnified photos. This has opened up a whole other world of photography for me. I just need to work on the focusing. :-)
Oh, and if anyone can please tell me how to get my picture side-by-side and still be centered in my post, I would appreciate that! I found a tutorial on how to put them in my post this way but they did not give instructions on how to center. I played around with them for 15 minutes or so and I tried to get them bigger and more centered.











First off, I didn't even notice their off centered-ness until you said something. :)
ReplyDeleteSecond, how cool is that? I can't wait to see more pictures you take with them. Will be curious to see how they turn out when you manually focus.
I told you it was fun! It does take a little getting used to. {maybe back away from your subject just a smidge}
ReplyDeleteHappy Picture taking!!!!!
So the filters are just those little cover things you put on the ends of your lenses right?
ReplyDeleteWow, that's amazing! I need to look into those. Definitely easier to fit into my budget than a macro lens...I can see a new obsession developing!:OD
ReplyDeleteI had NO IDEA about these macro filters! I'd just about diet for a 100mm macro. *drools*
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure about the centering. What if you made a diptych in photoshop and then posted that?
Wow Heather! Your new finds will be amazing to have fun with - I can't wait to see the new pics that you post with the lenses!
ReplyDeleteIt made me think about how God has Macro lenses of us- and I wish that we sometimes had the "bigger picture," so that we could fully comprehend His majesty- and see it the way He does!
Glad to be stopping by after some blogging reprieve.
Blessings!
September
Great pics!!
ReplyDeleteA blog-fast is always a great idea!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my macro filter but I always turn it to manual focus, auto-focus usually just freaks out and doesn't know what to do. I think you'll enjoy the control and experimenting with different points of focus.
I usually just drag & drop my photos from my flickr site. It works wel for me.