Momentous Monday is hosted by Tiffany at A Moment Cherished. I really appreciate that Tiffany started this- it helps me to remember to look for moments in the life of my family that are momentous. I haven't participated in the past couple weeks, but tonight I felt I had something I wanted to share.
Sometimes husbands and wives can get caught up in their own interests and not work as a team very well.
Tonight, that was the opposite for us.
Tonight David and I worked as a team and I was so amazed as we went through our evening at how well it went.
We planted seeds for our garden.
Brad had a lot of fun playing in the freshly tilled dirt.
Sometimes husbands and wives can get caught up in their own interests and not work as a team very well.
Tonight, that was the opposite for us.
Tonight David and I worked as a team and I was so amazed as we went through our evening at how well it went.
We planted seeds for our garden.
Brad had a lot of fun playing in the freshly tilled dirt.


David worked hard at getting a few spots ready for pumpkins, watermelon and sunflowers.
We were not going to have a big garden- I have plants in the flower beds next to the house (vegetables and flowers), but we wanted some spots in a section of the yard that were dedicated to these few plants.

Brad played so very nicely while we worked. He was a big part of this evening going smoothly, too.
While I planted seeds in the plastic seed starters, he sat next to me and colored with sidewalk chalk on some cardboard, or he walked a few feet away and colored the bedrock in front of our front door, and even the broom that is outside. :) He was playing so nicely while I was busy.

Then, while I went to the spots David had gotten ready and waited for him to finish up, Brad had fun with the dirt and was very content to sift through it and play with it.

After David had finished tilling, he said "I'll take Brad into the house and give him a bath while you plant the seeds."
I planted the seeds, cleaned up and went inside.
They were up in the bathroom and Brad was almost finished. I still had to wash my feet because I had worn crocks (not actual- just knock-offs :). David said that he would get Brad's soup (homemade lentil, rice and veggies:) ready on the stove and I could watch Brad and then when he was done, rinse my feet in the water.
After Brad and I were finished I got him dressed and put him in the highchair and David had his soup ready. Brad turned his nose up to the soup, which he ate the previous two days, and instead ate some of my meatloaf and then some veggetables.
My stomach hurt so David continued to watch him in the dining room while I laid down on the couch.
Then, they got ready to go visit David's parents and I was going to get ready to go to Bible study.














What a precious post. I enjoyed reading it. Your baby boy is SO BEAUTIFUL! My goodness, what proud parents you must be. Children really are a blessing from God, aren't they? Blessings to you all!
ReplyDeleteHeather, this was such a sweet post. I love days like that with Jim when we just "click" and everything runs like clockwork. We are so blessed to have such loving husbands. And I agree with Laura, Brad is so sweet!! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDeleteHeather this is very sweet. I am so glad that you all had a wonderful evening together.
ReplyDeleteHe didn't even make much of a mess in all that dirt! I can't even begin to describe what my kids would look like in that!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love his John Deere Hat!!
ReplyDeleteYay for working together!
Seriously, you have a beautiful boy. I love your pictures!
That sounds like such great family bonding!
ReplyDeleteAww, such sweet photos!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh I love this! What a sweet family evening!
ReplyDelete