Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Before and After

Before and after is hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog. To see her edit and others click on the button at the end of the post.

Early Monday morning I went to a rose garden to take pictures.
It was wonderful to be surrounded by so much beauty.
Here is my before and after-
S.O.O.C.

(straight out of the camera)
This was taken with my Canon Rebel T1i and 50mm f/1.8 lens. I think I had the close-up 2X filter on my lens as well for this picture.


Here is the after, edited first in Lightroom 3 Beta 2 and then in Gimp.
I do not like that the top of the main rose has a weird discoloration from the edge of the texture. I do not know how to fix that in Gimp. Also, in LR I tried making a different watermark so that I could have it elsewhere in the photo but it would not let me use any other water mark except this one.
Sometimes I think these programs just don't want to cooperate with me. ;-)
Any constructive criticism is appreciated.





26 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! Lets go thrift store bopping and get some cool old frames and then we can paint them and start your collage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty! I like the antique look to the edit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!

    I think I know the spot on the rose that you wanted to fix. Will your software let you warp? If so, you can select that area then warp it downward until you get the result you want.

    Donna
    Our Blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I really prefer the way you warmed up the colors and softened the edges with a vignette :)
    I might have tried to get rid of the bright spot on the left side? But I say that just because you asked... it's really a beautiful shot and edit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's gorgeous. I am a total sucker for vintage or antique edits. I love how you captured the water droplets on the petals. Great edit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful edit! Such a pretty shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's beautiful! Part of what makes a good photographer is having a good eye for pictures. This is definitely a great shot. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how clear the water droplets are. And you did a great job boosting the color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the comp of this photo! Just lovely and your edit is really soft! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! I think it is beautiful. I love the dew drops on the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your SOOC is really nice but I like what you've done in your edit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful shot, love the water on the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous. The water droplets are beautiful! My favorite so far!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just enough antiquing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! Love the shot. & the editing is great. what a pretty pink color.
    I have joined in too
    plz do visit

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so pretty!!! The drops are amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both shots are beautiful, and I did not even notice the discoloration upon first glance...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this shot and the detail is gorgeous! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your shot is beautiful and I love your edit! I love the water on the roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful!!!

    For my "watermark" I created a brush. (I use PSE 8) That way I can place it wherever I want and can change the color if need be.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that! The soft look and the warm hue is such a nice touch!
    btw, I'm your newest fan and follower!
    Keep up the super job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have a beautiful little corner of the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails