Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Before and After

Before and After is hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog. I love participating in this blog hop every week. It is so much fun to look at everyone's photos. I am amazed every week by what I see. Sometimes when I look at a photo I don't even know what the edit could be(either I think the photo is perfect the way it is, or maybe it is too far gone to fix) and then I am blown away when I see the edit.
To see Monica's edit and others click on the button at the bottom of the post.

Here is a picture of Bradley. He had eaten some dirt from the garden a little while before this photo was taken. I was watering one end of the garden and my brother and dad were out there with me. Well, while my back was turned Brad stuck some dirt in his mouth. It was bound to happen sooner or later. :)

As you can see, his eyes have a shadow over them in this photo and it is kind of blah, in my opinion.


I brightened it up in Lightroom 3 Beta 2. I used fill light to try and lighten his eyes. I also saturated the photo and warmed it up. I think I could have made it look better as far as the color but I left it as this.
Then, I rounded the corners in Gimp.

I shot this with my Canon Rebel T1i and 50mm f/1.8 lens.




14 comments:

  1. hehe looks like he was eating a mud pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so much brighter!! Nice edit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute edit...boys just luv dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with those eyes. I don't have that program. Bummer. Not sure how to do that in elements yet. Stop by and check out my silouette. http://weloveiowa.blogspot.com/2010/06/before-after-silouettes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love the brighter edit! And I'm kind of a rounded-corner addict lately! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God love him! He's taking "eating out of the garden" very literally! lol He'll be thrilled when some actual food comes out!
    I really like your edit! And am a fan of those rounded corners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet boy.... and the simple editing works for the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure that won't be the last time he puts dirt in his mouth!! So cute!! Great edit...way to brighten it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! He wouldn't be 100% boy if he never tried dirt!!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh just look at him, and that sweet lower lip! Your edit is perfect. I love how you took the shadows out and brightened everything up. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got way too many pics of my son eating dirt. It's insane! His expression is too cute! Great shot and love your edit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww he so cute. love the editing
    I have joined in too
    plz do visit

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all bound to eat dirt at some point. I love the angle and colors in your edit. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails