Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eggs

Trying to feed my little boy nutritious meals is something I take seriously.
Lately Brad has been eating a lot of almond butter on whole wheat toast.....with honey.
I suppose the little bit of sugar isn't all that bad, but I wanted him to have a little more protein for breakfast.
So, I cooked him scrambles eggs with toast on the side.
He only nibbled a few bites out of the toast bu the really liked the eggs!


I let him sit at his little table instead of his highchair.


He did well and I was very happy he was eating his eggs.


What do you feed your kids for breakfast?

8 comments:

  1. So cute!!! My little guy LOVES eggs!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a beautiful family! I've been making homemade freezer jam, so we do a lot of toast - with jam, natural peanut butter, or honey. Enough protein at breakfast is always a challenge, and one of my twins doesn't like eggs OR milk. But he'll drink chocolate milk (I make my own choc. syrup) - so I go light on the chocolate, heavy on the milk, and there ya go. I feel bad about the sugar, but it's only about once a month for a few days, so I figure it evens out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute - I cannot say that enough! Natural sugar really isn't all that bad - ie honey. If you are worried about the glycemic index try agave nectar. {grin} We go through soooo much honey and agave nectar. The honey is supposed to be really great for allergies and a pro-biotic, and with Scotty's health "issues" I go a bit crazy with it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy local honey so it helps him with allergies. Wes likes eggs with ketchup. His favorite breakfast is peanut butter and jelly, really that's what he asks for the most, you know besides ice cream and snacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute pictures! My kids love eggs and egg sandwiches, and when they were younger, they loved it when I cut a hole (with a glass) in the middle of their bread and fried their (scrambled) egg in the toast on the griddle, so they could eat it that way. I would toast their "hole" seperately and put it on the egg, which would cook inside the piece of toast when it was done so it would look like a hat.

    Bridgette likes a parfait made with layers of Greek yogurt and fresh berries with organic granola. It's almost like a sundae, but I feel like it's nutritious, too. Sometimes I let her give it a spurt of light whipped cream on top...not too much harm done. ;) I know it sounds sweet, but nutritionally it's pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O I wish Logan liked eggs! They are so healthy! Do you put cheese in them?

    We typically do oatmeal, waffles, cereal...I'm going to try eggs again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sitting in a big boy chair, eh?

    My 20+ month boy is either going to A. Break his arm in a fall from his high chair because he cannot sit still or B. Break his arm in a fall from the regular table because he cannot sit still. I am considering feeding him on the floor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails