Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strawberry Days

I have fond memories of strawberry picking when I was a child.
This was Brad's first year going strawberry picking.
I didn't even think to take him last year. I probably forgot about it, actually. Strawberry season is not very long.


Brad had no trouble getting used to strawberries. I have been showing him the tiny wild strawberries in our yard and have given him those, so he had tasted them before.


This was the best part of the day yesterday. Just Brad and I out in the strawberry fields. I wasn't having a very good day that day and Brad had taken a tumble just before we left and I am so thankful that he is OK.


It was wonderful mommy/son time. Brad did a good job of pretty much staying with me. I was continually making sure he didn't put a rotten berry in his mouth. He came close a couple of times. :-)


The berries were mostly picked over as we went towards the end of picking season.


I took us over to field #2, though and found some good ones hiding in the weeds and grass that had overtaken the strawberry plants, in this seemingly neglected field.



This is our 4 quart container filled just above half, I would say. This is just enough berries for Brad and I. David doesn't eat them. I guess he ate too many once when he was a little boy, got sick, and ever since then has an aversion to them.
Brad and I will enjoy them!


I tested out my new lens. I carried the 50mm in the field but switched to my new 17-50mm to take some scenery pictures on my way out.

The strawberry fields are surrounded by gorgeous views.


It really is so very beautiful and peaceful there.
I will definitely have to see what berries we can pick next.
I think they might have cherries ready. :-)

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful outing for you and your little guy. LOVE these shots!

    I need a zoom lens, what brand is your 17-50mm? I need to do some research on it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love strawberry picking, too! Our season starts in early May and lasts about 3-4 weeks. By June, I am DONE with strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! :) I love these photos to bright and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad is so adorable! You got some great shots of him with the strawberries. Memories! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your prayers, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad Brad took a tumble. :(

    The pictures are priceless. I should go berry picking with my daughter. She's 13, but I'd bet she'd love it. We lived in a different part of the state (about 350 miles away) when she was Brad's age, and I took the kids - they loved it. Your pics bring back memories. I don't think I've gone since the kids were about Brad's age!

    I've don't think I've ever gone cherry picking...I don't think they have that around here, that I know of. If you go, please post pics!!! I'll bet those would be DELISH!!! (And make great photo ops!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so ADORABLE with his mouth puckered and full of berries! And no drips on his shirt?? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had fun!

    I love the shots of your little guy with his cheeks full of strawberries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the juicy strawberry goodness dripping off of his lips. Looks like so much fun!
    We planted strawberries but something keeps eating them...and it is not us!! Probably birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw! Sweet, sweet sweet! Love how he is loving the strawberries :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (Just wanted to say -thank you for stopping by and for your kind comment. Hope you had an awesome weekend!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails