Before and After is hosted by Monica at Pixel Perfect Blog. To see her edit and others, click on the button below.
I had been wanting to take an above wide-angle shot of Brad.
I thought the perfect time was when I was outside with the camera and he happened to be hanging on the clothesline pole. I was right above him and it is wide-angle so it looks out of proportion but this was the look I was going for.
I took this with my Canon Rebel T1i and Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens set at 17mm.
I had been wanting to take an above wide-angle shot of Brad.
I thought the perfect time was when I was outside with the camera and he happened to be hanging on the clothesline pole. I was right above him and it is wide-angle so it looks out of proportion but this was the look I was going for.
I took this with my Canon Rebel T1i and Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens set at 17mm.

This is the after edited in Lightroom 3.
I gave it warmth and more light, fixed the tone so his face and hair wasn't so green and then used the tone curve to make it brighter. I also added some vignette.
This is normally not my editing style. I am not sure if I really love this edit. What do you think- I like constructive criticism- even for composition! :-)
Don't forget to stop by Monica's blog- you will be amazed at how everyone edits differently; it is really fun to see!











Love this! Seriously Brad is too stink'n cute! I like the angle, it's different but I was drawn to Brad.
ReplyDeleteThat is a wonderful picture of your little Brad. I love the warmer colors of the edit, you did a great job!
ReplyDeleteGreat edit! Perfect capture of your little guy!
ReplyDeletei love that edit!! wow. awesome. i don't have a fancy edit program, so this is all great tips to see!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool shot! I love the perspective and composition. The processing really completes the pic. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love the composition! And the brightness is great!
ReplyDeleteThis is my first week playing along on Pixel Perfect so it is nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteI love the comp! To be honest, I enjoy the SOOC the best, you got great exposure on your SOOC! I would just bump it up a bit to brighten his face and maybe a small vingette to draw the eye to his GORGEOUS face!!!
Your edit adds a lot to the depth of this shot! With regard to the previous comment, I think the SOOC did need to be warmed a bit, or at the very least the color cast removed from his face.
ReplyDeleteI like the colors in this edit. The skin tone is a little on the green side I think, but it matches the style of the photo well in my opinion.
I just found your blog through Pixel Perfect's blog hop and subscribed. I'm looking forward to future entries!
I quite like the composition. The angle is superb. I do think the picture is a wee bit too bright. But the dark edges offer a nice finish.
ReplyDeleteYou do such a nice job with your editing!
ReplyDeleteI happen to love it. Everything about it. Not much help, am I? I like the brightness, but it's not totally blown out...there is nice contrast, and I love the warm feel.
ReplyDelete